Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    hrzfab.gif

I'm only here for the popcorn...

Careful.... those popcorn calories are not created as equal as an organic, non-GMO kosher salad infused with the tears of virgins and prayed over by Buddhist monks while harps play and doves fly up to the heavens.

Snort. >:)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    hrzfab.gif

I'm only here for the popcorn...

Careful.... those popcorn calories are not created as equal as an organic, non-GMO kosher salad infused with the tears of virgins and prayed over by Buddhist monks while harps play and doves fly up to the heavens.

If you pop it in oil, it doesn't matter where it comes from.

But the oil means you can consume more calories and still lose weight.

l47m3ibaqwpb.jpg

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    MalineVD wrote: »
    @robbackatya I'm completely with you on this one.. But I guess most people are talking about WEIGHTLOSS and not HEALTH.. Weightloss, yeah. CICO and *kitten*. Health, on the other hand, is a different story..
    Sure, I can eat Mcdo everyday for one meal and those will be my 1200 kcal for that day. But I rather have breakfast with oatmeal, a banana and raspberries and nice roasted veggies with some meat as lunch, some fruit and nuts as a snack and zuchinni pasta with fish and veggies for dinner as my 1200 kcal for one day (my diary from yesterday). But not everyone thinks like that..

I ate Mcds frequently when I was in the active weight loss phase and not only did I lose almost 60lbs, I also improved my blood panels across the board-including getting my glucose number out of the pre-diabetic range and back to normal. CICO worked pretty well for me ;)
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    salad-dressing-meme.png
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    One of these days I'm going to make a post about how I didn't lose weight until I dropped salads from my diet (technically true, 'cause salads suck without dressing, and dressing just isn't worth the calories to me) and added two servings of ice cream every night after 10pm... XD

DQ grilled chicken salad is pretty good...all that cheesy bacony chickeny goodness with ranch...

oh and Pasta salad is yummy

I'd rather have grilled chicken, cheese, and bacon on bread. And I've not had a pasta salad I've liked. Too often involves mayo (BLECH). XD

Plus, two servings of ice cream is (WAY) fewer calories. I'd rather have the ice cream with a chicken sammich!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    you guys realize the OP won't be back right...just thought I would put that out there.

She's still reading though

Human Nature!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Who are these all calories aren't equal people arguing against? I'm trying desperately to figure this out.

So are people confusing calories (measurement) for nutrients (protein,carbs,etc)?

OP.. (long gone now) was given good advice and questions, she blew up at posters, I assume she is hangry. mfp topics do carry some side conversation not meant for op, but there is still some good info. imo
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I would suggest accurately logging your food. Since you've recently added in a lot of exercise, that's going to affect it. You probably need MORE calories. Try tracking everything really closely for a couple of weeks, and add in your exercise too. You'll need to start eating more, I bet!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    Who are these all calories aren't equal people arguing against? I'm trying desperately to figure this out.

So are people confusing calories (measurement) for nutrients (protein,carbs,etc)?

OP.. (long gone now) was given good advice and questions, she blew up at posters, I assume she is hangry. mfp topics do carry some side conversation not meant for op, but there is still some good info. imo

It is everyday on MFP forums.
  • chivalryder
    Options
    Nope, the amount of calories you can eat will change.
    Again you can eat less calories eating certain foods. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight eating anything, you can. It simply means you can't eat as much of it.

Calories in-calories out =how many calories you can eat to lose weight
    It is a great equation, but in that equation the variables calories in have sub variables as well as there are sub variables in the calorie out equation that will change the answer.

Can you please post some scientific evidence to back up your claim.

If you cannot do this, I will have to suggest you start taking some laxatives because you're full of *kitten*.

Bahahah! I got an abuse flag!

3yga124yqtea.png
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »

No, one of them is saying you can eat more calories if you eat the right kinds of food.

I "think" he's talking about the thermic effect of food and asked, but he never answered.

It was a non-sequitur of a post, seeing as how the OP was all about eating her salads anyway.

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    I've seen people get "attacked" (for lack of a better term) in many threads but this is definitely NOT one of them. Some folks are a little too sensitive to go on public forums.

I dont agree with this at all. This young woman IS being attacked and its so rude.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic?
    Options
    Again you can eat less calories eating certain foods. It doesn't mean you can't lose weight eating anything, you can. It simply means you can't eat as much of it.

It is a great equation, but in that equation the variables calories in have sub variables as well as there are sub variables in the calorie out equation that will change the answer.

If you cannot do this, I will have to suggest you start taking some laxatives because you're full of *kitten*.

3yga124yqtea.png

I got one yesterday for writing the word HALP! Hahahahaha
  • chivalryder
    Options

3yga124yqtea.png

aa937j2x498m.jpg
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I've seen people get "attacked" (for lack of a better term) in many threads but this is definitely NOT one of them. Some folks are a little too sensitive to go on public forums.

I dont agree with this at all. This young woman IS being attacked and its so rude.

No she isn't. She was asked honest questions in an effort to help her, but she reacted defensively. As is often the case with people who want to lose weight without putting in very much effort. Is that last sentence an attack, or just stating the bare facts?
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

No she isn't. She was asked honest questions in an effort to help her, but she reacted defensively. As is often the case with people who want to lose weight without putting in very much effort. Is that last sentence an attack, or just stating the bare facts?
    Options

3yga124yqtea.png

aa937j2x498m.jpg

I LOLLED so hard. So glad my boss isn't here at the moment. That face. Ha!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

OP is thin-skinned, but I think it's too quick to conclude she wanted to lose weight without putting in effort. Some people just don't deal well with online communication, that's all.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to attack myself. Just realized the second sentence that I referred to isn't really a sentence, just because it started with a capital letter and ended in a period. Reword to say: "This is often the case . . . "
  • chivalryder
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to attack myself. Just realized the second sentence that I referred to isn't really a sentence, just because it started with a capital letter and ended in a period. Reword to say: "This is often the case . . . "

You should be banned from the forums for attacking someone.

kdlmsrl6i8d2.png