MFP does not count steps from iPhone

Options
Couple of days ago MFP was counting my steps via my iPhone but in the past two days it has stopped.
Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• jackiesagoddess
    jackiesagoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue and I'm desperate to fix it! Hope someone can help! :(
  • badholland
    badholland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Same same
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    mine appears to be working
  • ddunk
    ddunk Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When it stops I go into the MyFitnessPal app tell it not to count steps then restart the app. Then go back into the app and tell it and it will pick them up and start working again
  • pragatipatel
    pragatipatel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    same here, It shows number of steps but doesn't do caloric adjustments
  • isabellawhateva
    isabellawhateva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    According to MFP this has been a known problem for a while and they are "working to fix it." I don't know about you, but my step syncing hasn't been working properly for at least six months. This is so frustrating and I'm about to delete the MFP app and just download another pedometer/fitness tracking app that actually works.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine is counting steps but has started adding twice as many calories for the steps as is used to.
  • Patsi41
    Patsi41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Couple of days ago MFP was counting my steps via my iPhone but in the past two days it has stopped.
    Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?
    Mine stopped counting a few days ago too......!
  • mavisjminton
    mavisjminton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't worked since Monday 20th either! Tried turning phone off and resetting but still can't make it work.I find this tool really useful for keeping active till I reach my goal
  • mavisjminton
    mavisjminton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've downloaded the Pacer app to my iphone which counts your steps and links with MFP when appropriate box is ticked in settings
  • jackiesagoddess
    jackiesagoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I got Health Mate and linked it to MFP because the iPhone stopped counting steps (same, on April 20)... But that stopped syncing properly too! Just giving up on step-counting!
  • SheriIr
    SheriIr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had same issue, I check the setting at mft site and it start working again, but strange thing happened today, mine count the burned cal as -8!! any idea?!
  • heathet5683
    heathet5683 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ddunk wrote: »
    When it stops I go into the MyFitnessPal app tell it not to count steps then restart the app. Then go back into the app and tell it and it will pick them up and start working again

This resolved it for me!! Thank you!
  • Afisha94
    Afisha94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    And just like that-in 5 minutes from when I last looked- the MFP step calories adjustment stop working.
  • arzoosharma
    arzoosharma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started having this problem every few days. After noticing it for a while, I realized that this happens every time my phone disconnects from wifi and data at the same time. So far I have been uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again to get it to count again and it has been working.
  • vbwells
    vbwells Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Steps does not work consistently. It will log for a day or 2 then stops, or it will record for the day and then when I check for weekly progress, days are missing. What do I do to correct???
  • ellie_RN
    ellie_RN Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My steps has also stopped working. Or it will pick up on some steps but not all and then won't calculate the calories burned. Very frustrating. Tried adjusting it in MFP settings...followed the directions...can't find what they are telling me to do. Grrr
  • shaylas78
    shaylas78 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ellie_RN a possible work around is run keeper. I use this app and I linked it to MFP.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't even showing data.
  • iandeslow1
    iandeslow1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't give me any calorie adjustment from my Garmin
    It shows the amount of steps but gives me nothing
    Plus the syncing between the two apps is at best sporadic