Hey everybody!

Not really new to MyFitnessPal, just new to the forums. Been on a better health journey for the last 4 years now. I have type 2 diabetes (I was insulin dependent) and CHF (Congestive Heart Failure). I weighed 305 pounds when I started eating better and walking 4 years ago. At first I could only go about 15 minutes before I became tired and was breathing hard. Today, I weigh 198 pounds, no longer take any injectable insulin, and yesterday did my best 5K time (46:24, less than 15:00 per mile). I know, not fast. But I am getting faster. :-) I couldn't have done this without my faith in God and the support and encouragement of my "little sister", who is a 4 year cancer survivor. She has been my human inspiration to be the best me I can be.

Replies

• Crystal_Mae
    Crystal_Mae Posts: 5 Member
    Wow that is awesome.. Keep up the good work on your journey. I found out August 29 2014 that I'm T2 also weigh in at 305 I'm now 262. I logged on fitness pal a while back just didn't do anything with it. After months just logged back in 3 day's ago so learning how this app works. Have a wonderful day..