Supper meals?

Options
DawnRobinson96
DawnRobinson96 Posts: 16 Member
Hello, today I am hoping to cook some food which is cheap and quick but still healthy.
I'd like it to take no more than 45 minutes to cook and prepare as I'd have just finished work and wouldn't want to be cooking for hours. Ideas?
I also do not like chick peas or tomatoes :)

Replies

• carageiger1
    carageiger1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com and emilybites.com
  • DawnRobinson96
    DawnRobinson96 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you x
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tons of great recipes on Pinterest as well. Lentils/beans over quinoa or brown rice is a favorite in our house. Also soups, chillis, shredded salsa chicken, etc are all pretty fast and cheap depending on the ingredients you use. Hope this helps.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm grilling some salmon fillets and serving with a baked potato (sour cream and chive) and steamed broccoli.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Crock pots can be your friend! You can make chili, soups, potatoes, etc. You can cook a lot of chicken at once to use in other recipes. Another go-to for me has been lettuce wraps, you can just put whatever you want in there (like tuna salad, cooked chicken or beef, beans, or roasted veggies).
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    totally ditto skinnytaste.com. I buy meats of all sorts in bulk. break it up into needed sizes- like 4 chops to a bag. then I put rubs or marinades in the vacuum seal bags, vacuum seal away and freeze. they marinate as they thaw later. I also will cook up big batches of things on the weekend and then divy up into ziploc tubs or vacuum seal bags. things like a roasted chiken, pot roast, lean ground beef. shred/dice the chicken and freeze. when it thaws it's great for tacos, burritos, salads, soups, etc. The beef or ground turkey is then ready for anything. same with leftover roasts. Grilling is also great- esp. when pre-marinated the meat. spend some time on day's off prepping and packaging veggies and salad blends. some fruits do ok pre-cut- I cut melon into chunks, same with pineapple.
    have a stocked pantry/freezer. a simple go to dinner for me could be pulling out a bag of my frozen roasted chicken, plopping in a pot with a can of natural/organic diced tomatoes, a can of black beans, a can of corn(or frozen corn- i do that up myself as well), lots of spices like garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and oregano or cilantro. heat gently till chicken and beans are heated through. serve alone or over zoodles or brown rice. takes all of 5-10 mins to toss together, and maybe 15-20 to heat through. less if you had the chance to defrost the chicken in advance. Or- make a big batch of the "santa fe" Chicken and divy up into indi servings and freeze. pull it out into fridge overnight and it's ready to reheat next day.
  • krhoda1
    krhoda1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just made some chicken stir fry last night. Super easy! Chicken,Mushrooms, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots. Stir fry seasoning or premade. Serve over whole wheat brown rice. Delicious and filling