Shakeology....is it worth it?

Options
m_kipp
m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
Hey everyone. I have several friends who are trying to sell me on Shakeology. They are all coaches and I get how Beach Body works and it would help them but it seems to be way expensive on a monthly basis. Has anyone jumped on the Shakeology band wagon and if so, do you have an opinion about it? Thanks!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Short answer: No
  • m_kipp
    m_kipp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Short answer: No

Ha! Love getting right to the point brother!
  • my0239
    my0239 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I heard that its not too bad.
  • prettyinpink0989
    prettyinpink0989 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not worth it.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Lord no! Waste of money!
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you can get past the puke taste...I can totally understand the benefits. I couldn't get past the taste though.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have seen some people that have had great success - then I have a friend who did all the workouts, the portioning and the shakes and only lost 3lbs after the 21 days
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Waste of money
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    No.

If you want to do meal replacements then just get regular protein powder and a multivitamin for a fraction of the price.

The people trying to sell you this crap aren't your friends.

+1
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Nope. Eat real food just less of it.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have a mixed review. I like the strawberry shakeology. I think I feel better and have had far less colds/illnesses while using it. It's not a huge appetite suppressor for me. which is fine. It IS basically a very very expensive multi-vitamin/protein powder/fiber powder. I've dropped my subscription and will be hunting for some replacement for it. I like it as a mid morning boost snack. I know some folks who would swear by it. which is great for them. It's just too pricey for me. I don't feel it has any adverse ingredients- it's not chock full of ephederine or other stimulant at least. well, at least that I can tell.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Not worth it. Also:
    CandiceMcD wrote: »
    I have seen some people that have had great success - then I have a friend who did all the workouts, the portioning and the shakes and only lost 3lbs after the 21 days

What's wrong with 3 lbs in 21 days? That is a pound per week. That is a perfectly healthy and sustainable pace to lose weight. Why is everyone in such a darn hurry?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    No.

If you want to do meal replacements then just get regular protein powder and a multivitamin for a fraction of the price.

The people trying to sell you this crap aren't your friends.

This right here. I've had coaches try and tell me that it's a great protein shake, but it only has 16-17g of protein per serving. That's not a lot when compared to actual protein powders. I had one give me samples before and I wasn't impressed at all. The taste wasn't all that great and I was eating everything I could get my hands on within an hour of drinking it.

Not only is it expensive at $120 a month but a lot of people have reported that they have had a really hard time cancelling auto-ship which is another thing that the coaches can be really pushy about.

• jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My hair stylist loves it lol I agree with the others, get the nutrition from real food. I dont even find protein power or multivitamins necessary. I use greek yogurt in my smoothies and it has tons of protein. If I need more then I add a nut butter. Throw some fruit and spinach in there and you have plenty of vitamins and minerals! Everyday I go over my Vitamin A and with one orange today I hit my vitamin C goal. I also find shakes and smoothies to be filling for only a short period of time. I'll sometimes add oatmeal, chia, flax, or hemp seed to bulk it up
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not worth it. Also:

What's wrong with 3 lbs in 21 days? That is a pound per week. That is a perfectly healthy and sustainable pace to lose weight. Why is everyone in such a darn hurry?

Nothing, but I think that you could lose 3 lbs without it costing you $120
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I read an article online once (and of course now I can't find it) that all of the ingredients they put in Shakeology are really REALLY cheap compared to what you're paying for.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

What it seems like it does is 1) it makes me feel energetic, not spazzy, I just feel good, 2) it tastes great and seem to fill my belly. It seems to be a protein replacement, but also has a lot of carbs. So, that's probably why it makes me feel full. And, it carries the fullness for a while. This might be why people call it a meal replacement. But, it's not.

IMO, and likely many others, it's protein and fat that are more satiating. Carbs, on the other hand I could eat endlessly (chips, anyone?)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    nope
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If you were my friend I would NEVER push crappy bs "weight loss" products on you. Shame on those people, really.