Please HELP

Options
Ciler_mcj
Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I am 34 yo, 5 ft, 31 lbs to lose. i eat healthy and fallow my calorie. workout? not so much. i have no support no motivation, no friend's my kids at school, so that means i have a lot of time. and my husband out of town i see him on the weekends only. i am stress because am lonely,and i have extra lbs and i don't know why can't i just get my butt up and workout. and am stay home mom. i don't have car to go to gym so i can't really go anywhere.... i tried to open a group but no one really talked or do anything, made workout plan for my self but that's not going to well. people say stay busy if u r stay home mom. ok tell me how? my home is clean i feel like crazy person walking around my house trying to find something to do. but that's just me everyone is different. i don't know what am asking really

am turkish so if i spelled or said wrong words please forgive me.

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    To lose weight the only thing you NEED is a calorie deficient. Working out isn't necessary. So if you are following your calorie limit recommendation (weighing, measuring and logging accurately) you'll lose pounds.

I lost 17 since December (I hit my goal and went into maintenance) without any exercise other a few walks here and there.
  • meza0614
    meza0614 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I'm a stay at home mom too, staying busy is hard and a workout routine can feel like a chore and I've tried many times to get fit and it has always ended a week later I'm now almost a month into my new routine. It got easier because I found "fun" or relaxing workouts. Yoga can be amazing, my all time favorite it Yoga With Adrienne look her up on YouTube she is great. I also love aerobics it so much fun to keep moving and it doesn't seem like your doing much but by the time you're done you have worked up a sweat. Stay with it, it will get easier.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Options
    i see what u saying but i have loose belly fat from pregnancy and i can only get rid of it by tone it up so i need to workout if i want to lose the belly fat. I think. and thank you :)

17 lbs loss wow congrats :)

To lose weight the only thing you NEED is a calorie deficient. Working out isn't necessary. So if you are following your calorie limit recommendation (weighing, measuring and logging accurately) you'll lose pounds.

I lost 17 since December (I hit my goal and went into maintenance) without any exercise other a few walks here and there.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Options
    am gonna look into that yoga thing may be i will like it too. thank you :)

meza0614 wrote: »
    I know how you feel I'm a stay at home mom too, staying busy is hard and a workout routine can feel like a chore and I've tried many times to get fit and it has always ended a week later I'm now almost a month into my new routine. It got easier because I found "fun" or relaxing workouts. Yoga can be amazing, my all time favorite it Yoga With Adrienne look her up on YouTube she is great. I also love aerobics it so much fun to keep moving and it doesn't seem like your doing much but by the time you're done you have worked up a sweat. Stay with it, it will get easier.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was a stay at home mom for 14 yrs. I recently went back to work because my son goes to a catholic high school that is very expensive. Working has given me so much more then I expected. Sitting at home all day I eat way more then I should have. I'm not saying you should to go to work. But for me getting out the house and having something to do that was for me helped me get my eating on track and got me moving. Maybe volunteer at your kids school or the community. Something that will make you feel good about yourself and being more active could really benefit you emotionally. Good luck, hope you find the balance that will help you succeed.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Options
    I can't do any of that without a car since everything to far from me to walk but i know i just have to suck it up and get over it lol

thank you and am happy you doing something it helps you :)
    I was a stay at home mom for 14 yrs. I recently went back to work because my son goes to a catholic high school that is very expensive. Working has given me so much more then I expected. Sitting at home all day I eat way more then I should have. I'm not saying you should to go to work. But for me getting out the house and having something to do that was for me helped me get my eating on track and got me moving. Maybe volunteer at your kids school or the community. Something that will make you feel good about yourself and being more active could really benefit you emotionally. Good luck, hope you find the balance that will help you succeed.

• Ciler_mcj
    Options
    Thank you all really. i guess i just feeling down this past few days but i know i have to just stop whining and just get up and do it. my husband tell me every time, "if u want it that bad don't think just do it" his right.
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Check out Insanity videos. You can find the program online to order it, but some of the workouts are on Vimeo.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Options
    I have the dvd only if i could use them lol. i need something fun not so boring same routine lol. i had wii just dance 1,2,3,4, and it was fun but my wii is not working right now and its not easy to find something u actually enjoy. plus insanity is really insane lol if u done it good for u. i was out of breath just doing the test lol but it will be nice if i could do it all. :)

quote="SandraBlake88;32209529"]Check out Insanity videos. You can find the program online to order it, but some of the workouts are on Vimeo.[/quote]
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Have you always been without a car? How does your child get to and from school? It's great that you can be a stay-at-home-mom, but seems like it is a bad idea for your mental health and safety to live far away from conveniences with no car. What are your transportation options?

Sounds like you have a lot of free time. Working out is great, but if you can find things to stimulate your mind that would be good, too.
  • AwesomeSauceTN
    AwesomeSauceTN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect hobby for you! Try Hoop Dance! You use a weighted (adult) hula hoop and dance with it. Its really fun (addictive actually! My house is no longer clean LOL) and burns a lot of calories! It works your tummy big time, and also your hips, butt, thighs and arms.... too good to be true? No way (: I've been doing it since New Years Eve and have lost about 15 lbs since then, but the real difference is inches. Not to mention... its incredibly sexy.... your husband will definitely approve (:

If you are interested, message me and I'll give you information to get you started.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Ciler_mcj wrote: »
    i see what u saying but i have loose belly fat from pregnancy and i can only get rid of it by tone it up so i need to workout if i want to lose the belly fat. I think. and thank you :)

17 lbs loss wow congrats :)

That's just it. You can't spot reduce. You have to lose the fat and to lose the fat you need a calorie deficient. Yes, working out is great and healthy and makes you feel better, but that stomach isn't going to go down by cardio, sit ups, crunches, etc. It will only go down if you lose the fat.

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    YouTube is great for at home workouts. Look for different things you can do at home. If the weather is good, get out and walk around your neighborhood while the kids are at school. Sounds like you're saying you have some time during the day for this (weekdays anyways until hubby comes home) so I would make the most of it!
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    hey yall this is Ciler_mcj i post this and i can't get in my account don't know why. so now i had to open new account lol but oh well.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    1shauna1 wrote: »
    YouTube is great for at home workouts. Look for different things you can do at home. If the weather is good, get out and walk around your neighborhood while the kids are at school. Sounds like you're saying you have some time during the day for this (weekdays anyways until hubby comes home) so I would make the most of it!

YouTube is freaking awesome. There are all sorts of videos for workouts of all different stripes and it taught me how to crochet! I just wouldn't recommend reading the comments on most videos.
  • Ciler_80
    Options
    no we used to have 2 cars but we had to sale one so i don't have one now..and my kids school 20 min with bus if i walk it will take me an hour or so and if i want to go somewhere i have to wait weekend when my husband is home but if its an emergency i can call a taxi and yes sometimes i feel like am loosing it lol but am used to it now. like this morning i felt like loosing it that's why i post this lol but am good most of the time.

Thank you :)

BZAH10 wrote: »
    Have you always been without a car? How does your child get to and from school? It's great that you can be a stay-at-home-mom, but seems like it is a bad idea for your mental health and safety to live far away from conveniences with no car. What are your transportation options?

Sounds like you have a lot of free time. Working out is great, but if you can find things to stimulate your mind that would be good, too.
  • Ciler_80
    Options
    that sounds like fun. i don't think he will mind to buy me hula hoop.

I have the perfect hobby for you! Try Hoop Dance! You use a weighted (adult) hula hoop and dance with it. Its really fun (addictive actually! My house is no longer clean LOL) and burns a lot of calories! It works your tummy big time, and also your hips, butt, thighs and arms.... too good to be true? No way (: I've been doing it since New Years Eve and have lost about 15 lbs since then, but the real difference is inches. Not to mention... its incredibly sexy.... your husband will definitely approve (:

If you are interested, message me and I'll give you information to get you started.

• jocey517
    jocey517 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    try zumba dvd's. its a fun way to workout by dancing and you can burn a significant amount of calories. if you enjoy your workout you won't skip it as much and then it will become part of your routine. Plus the endorphin's you will get from working out will help you feel better:)
  • Ciler_80
    Options
    yes i have a lot of free time. i do look on youtube but i have not find something i like yet but still looking.
    Thank you for ur help :)
    1shauna1 wrote: »

• Ciler_80
    Options
    I know u cannot know how am feeling and thank you for being nice and trying to help and not being rude and tell me to get my but up and just do it. i already know that's what i need to do but its easy to say not easy to do sometimes... really thank yall from bottom of my heart :)