Personal Trainer Food

Options
I am almost finished with my 3rd week on the personal trainer diet. I was wondering if anyone else is following this plan? Looking for some buddies to talk with!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the home delivery program?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Looks good from their site but nothing I couldn't make/come up with myself.
  • nailfx1
    nailfx1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, the home delivery program. The food is awesome and I order from the site for the convenience of it. Everything is frozen and I don't have to think about portions or anything. I just finished my 3rd week and have lost 12 lbs so far :-)
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    nailfx1 wrote: »
    Yes, the home delivery program. The food is awesome and I order from the site for the convenience of it. Everything is frozen and I don't have to think about portions or anything. I just finished my 3rd week and have lost 12 lbs so far :-)

And what happens when you come off the program?
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    First, these foods are costly. Second, until when are you planning to buy these products? I'd suggest you prepare your own food. There are a lot of sources about proper nutrition all over the internet. I'm not saying this delivery program is bad for you. Well yeah, in the long run perhaps this will not end well. This is a lifestyle change. You can't just have those delivered food for life, right? better if you start educating yourself and good luck!
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    First, these foods are costly. Second, until when are you planning to buy these products? I'd suggest you prepare your own food. There are a lot of sources about proper nutrition all over the internet. I'm not saying this delivery program is bad for you. Well yeah, in the long run perhaps this will not end well. This is a lifestyle change. You can't just have those delivered food for life, right? better if you start educating yourself and good luck!
    I couldn't agree more. Cooking is fun and you'll discover you might be talented at it.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    The site makes false claims, stay away from it. It's lying and misleading.

No food helps you build fat or lose fat.

3iffxo3fm6ry.png

Literally was coming over to point this out. And if you're telling me NOT to eat fruit? We're gonna have a problem. It's spring time, you'll have my strawberries when you can pry them from my cold dead hands.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    The site makes false claims, stay away from it. It's lying and misleading.

No food helps you build fat or lose fat.

3iffxo3fm6ry.png

Literally was coming over to point this out. And if you're telling me NOT to eat fruit? We're gonna have a problem. It's spring time, you'll have my strawberries when you can pry them from my cold dead hands.

If you give them to me I'll dip them in dark chocolate and leave them to set ...you will thank me for it honestly
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sandwich bags are my best friend. I count out carrots, pretzels, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, ect... and put them in baggies for my snacks at work. I dip everything in hummus! Mmmmm....

I'm not a breakfast person so the snacks do until I have lunch. I either make a sandwich on wheat or measure out salad greens (a lot of them!) and have low cal yogurt dressing. It's a lot cheaper than these frozen food programs. I mean, for dinner how much thinking is there if you want certain portions anyway? One potato is one potato all day, you can't eat too much broccoli. I guess you should weight your meat, but after so long you can see about how much you're getting.

I'm not bashing these programs, they have their place. I'm just saying it's much cheaper to put in a little prep time for similar results. :)
  • nailfx1
    Options
    Lol for now convenience is what is good for me and the program is working. Sure it is a lifestyle change that is easy to adjust to. When the time comes, that is what I will do.
  • nailfx1
    Options
    AND I wasn't looking for people's opinions about the diet. Just wanted to talk to other people that were on the program.
  • bronzegirl99
    bronzegirl99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there I just started, already lost 2 pounds in one day.
  • aqtee76
    aqtee76 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ok so Im reading these comments and boy you people are rough. I am eating personal trainer food and it taste better than any other frozen meal that I have had. I dont feel hungry, I am not going home at night overeating. The times I have gone out I have made better food choices like meat and veggies. I feel less bloated and less sluggish. Yes its only been a week but I know if i stick to it and stick to the plan after I will have success. I would not do jenny craig or nutristystem as its not appealing to me. Im also not really a cheese eater and prefer not to eat all those carbs. I have done meal planning on and for for a few years and I am tired of planning and cooking. Also tired of eating what I cook. So with that being said I Chose to purchase personal trainer food for conveinence, variety and as a blueprint to get me back on track to portion control and make better food choices that allow me to see lost in weight and inches. I completed my first week and have lost 6 pounds. You will need to at least walk or do some type of excercise, drink you daily water recommendation and dont cheat. As with any diet or lifestyle change if you cheat or eat too much junk you will not see results. As for the person who asked what to do after ptf, I would suggest you continue to make similar choices when you cook or eat out add in more veggies and low sugar fruits. Its okay to have the other carbs if you want just in moderation (figure out what your limitation is to not gain weight or be overweight). Learn proper portions and dont forget to excercise.

For those looking to buy the plan I did not purchase the breaded products or products with cheese. I did find a piece of chicken that had some fat I just cut if off and threw it out. I know when I buy chicken breasts it has fat on it so Its not a deal breaker for me. Food is well seasoned (which I like). Garlic butter that comes with it is tasty too. You can also use lemon wedges on veggies instead of garlic butter.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Hi there I just started, already lost 2 pounds in one day.

That has nothing to do with the program. That's water weight.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You didn't lose 2lbs in one day and the other new poster did not lose 6lbs in one week. Not of fat at least. Water, sure but not fat.

If you think this will lead to long term changes then good luck but speaking from experience of using convenient home delivered meals like this, it didn't change my habits one jot. Most people who do any of these types of convenience plans don't keep the weight off. Getting a grip on "real world" food and situations is what has worked.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    You didn't lose 2lbs in one day and the other new poster did not lose 6lbs in one week. Not of fat at least. Water, sure but not fat.

If you think this will lead to long term changes then good luck but speaking from experience of using convenient home delivered meals like this, it didn't change my habits one jot. Most people who do any of these types of convenience plans don't keep the weight off. Getting a grip on "real world" food and situations is what has worked.

I missed the 6 lbs in one week. That too. No way they managed a 21,000 calorie deficit in one week.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    nailfx1 wrote: »
    AND I wasn't looking for people's opinions about the diet. Just wanted to talk to other people that were on the program.

Welcome to the internet :p

Slightly unrelated, but I had a personal trainer once and he told me to give up bread. Needless to say, I didn't go back. I love toast far too much to not ever have it again (because I was thinking 'lifestyle change', not '6 week quick fix).
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    aqtee76 wrote: »
    ok so Im reading these comments and boy you people are rough. I am eating personal trainer food and it taste better than any other frozen meal that I have had. I dont feel hungry, I am not going home at night overeating. The times I have gone out I have made better food choices like meat and veggies. I feel less bloated and less sluggish. Yes its only been a week but I know if i stick to it and stick to the plan after I will have success. I would not do jenny craig or nutristystem as its not appealing to me. Im also not really a cheese eater and prefer not to eat all those carbs. I have done meal planning on and for for a few years and I am tired of planning and cooking. Also tired of eating what I cook. So with that being said I Chose to purchase personal trainer food for conveinence, variety and as a blueprint to get me back on track to portion control and make better food choices that allow me to see lost in weight and inches. I completed my first week and have lost 6 pounds. You will need to at least walk or do some type of excercise, drink you daily water recommendation and dont cheat. As with any diet or lifestyle change if you cheat or eat too much junk you will not see results. As for the person who asked what to do after ptf, I would suggest you continue to make similar choices when you cook or eat out add in more veggies and low sugar fruits. Its okay to have the other carbs if you want just in moderation (figure out what your limitation is to not gain weight or be overweight). Learn proper portions and dont forget to excercise.

For those looking to buy the plan I did not purchase the breaded products or products with cheese. I did find a piece of chicken that had some fat I just cut if off and threw it out. I know when I buy chicken breasts it has fat on it so Its not a deal breaker for me. Food is well seasoned (which I like). Garlic butter that comes with it is tasty too. You can also use lemon wedges on veggies instead of garlic butter.

Not trying to be rough here, but I lost more than 6 pounds my first week of dieting. (As others have pointed out, it was water weight.)

I'm sure it is convenient and there's quite a bit of variety, so I can't knock it on those grounds. You say you chose it as a blueprint for what to do, but honestly? Buying lean protein, vegetables, dried beans, etc. is going to be cheaper--and since you will be grocery shopping for the rest of your life, it is a better way to retrain yourself.

Not sure what you mean by "cheating," as I don't consider myself to be cheating when I work junk food into my calories. But too many calories certainly would lead to program failure.

If you need some handholding to start you off or if convenience is key, ignore this post. But long-term, you're not doing yourself any favors.