Shakeology....is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    It's expensive $$$ protein powder with vitamins.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I use it because, well, it makes me go. I take a daily probiotic but never have the good results as when I drink Shakeology. Because of its price however, I alternate Shakeology days with my whey protein isolate powder.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    If you were my friend I would NEVER push crappy bs "weight loss" products on you. Shame on those people, really.

It's not a weight loss product.
    Do you drink it instead of eating food? In order to consume fewer calories than you would if you ate a healthy diet? So that you can lose weight?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love it and I do use it as a meal replacement Monday through Friday when I am working. I find it tasty and satisfying. Shakeology works for me and here is why. When I am at work, my only viable options are fast food places nearby and that's really no option. I'm not willing to eat at McDonalds every day because it's close. I rarely have time to put together a lunch in the morning before work because I am rushing around getting everyone in the family ready for their day as well. So for me personally it saves me time and is a healthy alternative. As far as expense. One packet costs less than what I could get a decent lunch for if I had to time to hit a real restauarnt near work. So in my case it works: cost, convenience and satisfaction. I totally understand that it is not a reasonable option for everyone.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat whole, real foods. I'm not really even interested in making smoothies myself most of the time because I prefer to sit down and eat my food (not drink it on the run). However, if you sometimes don't have time for a real meal, I suppose this type of shake might be better than either not eating at all or eating something much worse.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Alot of negative people. I'm using it now. It's not a meal replacement, as people suggest. Maybe that's how some people use it, but that's not how I use it. And, at only around 150 calories, LOL, it's definitely NOT A MEAL REPLACEMENT. Why do people even say that?

I agree with that^. I wouldn't recommend anyone have it instead of their supper at night. Or even to replace a meal if they are eating only 3 meals a day. I blend the packet with a 32g protein muscle milk which adds calories and obviously protein. And I also eat a pretty substantial breakfast and healthy snacks (such as fruit and nuts) throughout the day. I'm not drinking it to save calories or for "diet" reasons. It's merely a very convenient way for me to have lunch during the week. And it doesn't leave me feeling heavy or tired afterwards. I don't feel like I need a nap like I do when I eat an acutal meal at lunch time. It kind of peps me up a little bit instead.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    I am laughing at the people lying about it not being a meal replacement. The name of the brand website is Shakeology - The Healthiest Meal Replacement Shake.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Do you drink it instead of eating food? In order to consume fewer calories than you would if you ate a healthy diet? So that you can lose weight?

No.
    I am laughing at the people lying about it not being a meal replacement.

k. glad you're laughing at your made up preconceived opinion. at least you can amuse yourself. :smile:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No, it isn't worth it and yes, it is a waste of money.
  • sofaking6
    Options

No.

k. glad you're laughing at your made up preconceived opinion. at least you can amuse yourself. :smile:

The people who make it sell it as a meal replacement. I mean the actually company that manufactures it, that makes the recipe, that named it and that markets it, says that it is a meal replacement. Not sure how that counts as a 'preconceived notion' as opposed to an 'obvious truth that 5 seconds with Google revealed'.

h1qqvvslziar.jpg
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Aside from the cost/quality issues, you are training yourself to be on a diet, not to change your actual eating habits. That's the main problem. It is designed for you to lose weight fast, then stop and put some weight back on since you never learned how to eat properly. Then you're calling your coach again to get more and go back on the diet.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

No.

The people who make it sell it as a meal replacement. I mean the actually company that manufactures it, that makes the recipe, that named it and that markets it, says that it is a meal replacement. Not sure how that counts as a 'preconceived notion' as opposed to an 'obvious truth that 5 seconds with Google revealed'.

h1qqvvslziar.jpg

that's awesome. you've mastered how to google "shakeology". that's not how i use it though.

eta: i don't personally think it's appropriate to use it as a meal replacement. which is why i do not.
  • sofaking6
    Options

No.

h1qqvvslziar.jpg

that's awesome. you've mastered how to google "shakeology". that's not how i use it though.

ok, that doesn't at all change what kind of product it is, though. But great for you, use it however you want. (Unless you use it to make money, in which case you're kind of horrible)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

No.

h1qqvvslziar.jpg

ok, that doesn't at all change what kind of product it is, though. But great for you, use it however you want. (Unless you use it to make money, in which case you're kind of horrible)

If I buy a car, but don't use it as a mode of transportation, does it mean it's not a car any more?

giphy.gif
  • sofaking6
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

No.

h1qqvvslziar.jpg

If I buy a car, but don't use it as a mode of transportation, does it mean it's not a car any more?

giphy.gif

Look, someone upthread got all pissy and caps-locked THIS IS NOT A MEAL REPLACEMENT PRODUCT. I'm just saying that was bs. </myparticipationinthisthread>
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

No.

h1qqvvslziar.jpg

giphy.gif

Look, someone upthread got all pissy and caps-locked THIS IS NOT A MEAL REPLACEMENT PRODUCT. I'm just saying that was bs. </myparticipationinthisthread>

Spoiler alert: I think he was backing you up on this one.