Out to eat- TGI Fridays

Options
2»

Replies

• aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but their salads are really good. If you are wanting meat...get a lean protien. Or get your favorite thing there but ask for a box when you get your food and put half of it in there. Out of sight out of mind. Really listen to your body...eat slow and drink lots of water. Eat a salad or veggie before your meal to fill you up faster so you are eating more of the good stuff and less of the bad. Good luck!
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
    ^^^ omg I know i thought salads were supposed to be healthy... But nooooo restaurants just have to ruin the meaning of the word... Until I started counting calories, I always got a salad but now I know they are all almost over 1000 calories...I was shocked. I'm getting the dragon fire or whatever. And I'll still be about 1100 under my calorie limit lol
  • budderfli9
    budderfli9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was there a few days ago, and I noticed there were a few items that had a little note on some that say "under 750 calories", which is really sad! There was only one salad that had this disclaimer... Not a low cal restaurant! And, FYI, I tried the "skinny margarita", it has 130 calories. I hated it. I actually sent it back and exchanged it for a glass of wine. They said they appreciate the feedback as it's a new menu item. I had the regular, maybe the berry version would taste different...? But I don't recommend! Oh, also if you get a steak with veggies as a side, that could be your healthy alternative... When I was on LA Weight Loss years ago, they basically went by a low carb rule, we didn't count calories, rather it was portions. If I went out to eat, I'd get the steak and veggies, and though it was likely a decent amount of calories, I still lost weight on the plan. Good luck! If you go over on your calories, just know it's not every day and move on. ;) Look at my eating habits, I am no angel by any means... LOL
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    go to their web site and look at their nutrition guide

Can you provide a link for that? I have not been able to find a nutrition guide for Friday's even after writing to them.
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options

Can you provide a link for that? I have not been able to find a nutrition guide for Friday's even after writing to them.

They have it on my fitness pal. But it's per serving not per order.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    the parmesan crusted chicken is delicious...something like 400 calories and then instead of the mozerella-tomato salad, i get a side of broccoli for an additional 50 cals
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options

i have written to them as well...you'd think they'd want to keep our business ::sigh:::
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

i have written to them as well...you'd think they'd want to keep our business ::sigh:::

I think that's exactly why they don't broadcast the calories in their food! Like Greggs.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    It's hard to find stuff there that's healthy, but that Caribbean salad looks like it wouldn't be that bad...and it's good! But one tip - most of the time, you put more dressing on when you get it on the side. When the cooks make the salad, they toss the dressing in so it doesn't take as much to coat the lettuce. So ask for your salad lightly dressed (so it's not sopping wet), and you will probably eat less dressing than if you dressed it yourself.