Looking for a good protein powder!

Options
Hello,

Looking for a good tasting, non-gritty protein powder the mixes easily with milk or water. I'm hoping to find something tasty that doesn't turn into a thick, nasty, gritty mess. I'm really looking for mixability and taste! Thank you!

Replies

• jjsilcox96
    jjsilcox96 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 chocolate is the best tasting ive found so far
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    ON gold mocha cappuccino
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    body fortress whey isolate in vanilla or chocolate is not gritty and tastes good. Walmart.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar is the bomb!!! It comes in a variety of flavors, although I think Caribbean Cooler, Chocolate Truffle & Vanilla are the best. Caribbean Cooler is pineapple coconut. My usual breakfast is plain Greek yogurt (6 oz), 1 scoop Caribbean Cooler, Kasha Go Lean 1 oz, roasted edamame 1 oz & fresh pineapple. It's delicious & give me 60 grams of protein in 1 meal!
  • janschweitzer33
    janschweitzer33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At Vitamin Shoppe Jay Robb Whey protein in any flavor is great& 25g of protein.
  • PeterRz
    PeterRz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition NATURAL-- 100% Whey Protein. I use the chocolate. It's not overly sweet like many others. There's been lots of controversy about whether or not protein powders actually have what they claim. Many don't. Check labdoor to make sure.
  • jmejia5180
    jmejia5180 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Isopure is the best. :)
  • vlajic
    vlajic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unjury.com
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Quest :blush:
  • bdawg317
    bdawg317 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I second the optimum nutrition mocha cappuccino. Tastes just fine with water. Get a shaker bottle, too, if you to never want to deal with any grit.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Trutein cinnabun! Yum.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Have a look at Trutein, its a bit more expensive than average, but it has all the qualities you asked for. There are a zillion reviews for it.
  • TuraCasey
    TuraCasey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to Muscle Milk...although you may have to look around for flavors other than chocolate and vanilla, possibly online. it tastes good and has a decent amount of protein per serving. My 14 year old loves it, so that should tell you something. =0
  • HB03DOG
    HB03DOG Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If in UK try The Protien Works range
  • jimmyabbot02
    jimmyabbot02 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hello,

Looking for a good tasting, non-gritty protein powder the mixes easily with milk or water. I'm hoping to find something tasty that doesn't turn into a thick, nasty, gritty mess. I'm really looking for mixability and taste! Thank you!

Hey try this BSN SYNTHA-6 ISOLATE CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE. I found this shake in Fit Site Plus Forum.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PeterRz wrote: »
    Optimum Nutrition NATURAL-- 100% Whey Protein. I use the chocolate. It's not overly sweet like many others. There's been lots of controversy about whether or not protein powders actually have what they claim. Many don't. Check labdoor to make sure.

I agree - we use Optimum Nutrition vanilla for many recipes and straight up with almond milk for a shake. Works well. Mixes nicely, tastes good without any aftertaste, and always gets good independent test reviews for "true" content. It also has a short ingredient list which IMO is a big plus. NO sucralose and NO other weird sweeteners.
  • lastblink514
    lastblink514 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely BSN Syntha 6. The strawberry tastes just like just like strawberry Nesquick! It doesnt have the best nutritional profile though. One of the healthiest ive found is Now Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored.
  • AshZie
    AshZie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion of Jay Robb. I also like Whey Factors vanilla and my boyfriend's favorite is Bodylogix strawberry.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I really like two: Allmax Hexapro "Decadent Chocolate Milkshake" for a guilt-free chocolate shake. use the scoop & some ice cubes, whip it up in the Vitamix & its just like a choc shake. I can't tell you how many of these I'll down on a hot summer day after doing a boatload of heavy yard work!

Trutein Cinnabun: excellent to make pancakes with.
    Trutein Mango Peach: ^^ another version.
    (okay, so 3 flavors, 2 brands. :) )