Packing easy and healthy lunches and snacks

Options
Want to set up for success during the week. Looking for shopping lists that work. Tricks to make lunches more exciting and recipes.

Replies

• Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I dont have a list per say but I do have a few ideas that work for me
    chicken salad
    fruit & string cheese
    cottage cheese and cherries my fav
    protein bars
    turkey slices on a wrap
    salads in tupperware
  • Freedom1890
    Freedom1890 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who has the same lunch everyday in work: wholemeal warbutons thin, 2 tsp pesto, half a ball (60g) light mozzerella, tomato, baby leaf salad, with slices of pepper and cucumber on the side. Comes in at 303cals I think :)
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want for lunch. Just have a think about what food you like to eat normally, think outside the box. Just because something is 'lunch' and might need to be eaten out of a container does not mean it has any less potential than anything else.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you were looking for this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10043413/using-bento-boxes-for-lunches/p1

Bentos will conquer the WORLD! :naughty:
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm like Freedom I tend to keep to the same things for all my meals so I dont "stress" about what I'm eating, plus i know daily, even if I cant log it till nighttime, i'm on track because I roughly know what my lunch will be calorie wise. I tend to have a sandwich with a diffrent filling, and a soup. in summer i'll have a cold pesto / pasta salad, and on other days a shop bought frozen macaroni cheese. Also if I cant be bothered making anything I stick to a baked potato and beans. And thats about it really, and it works, i've lost 54lb doing that and combined with exercise.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you were looking for this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10043413/using-bento-boxes-for-lunches/p1

Bentos will conquer the WORLD! :naughty:

Bwaaah, you beat me to it! I second this post. Not for self gratifying reasons of any kind of course....