Has anyone lost more weight without trying after reaching your goal

Options
2»

Replies

• Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    It's i've been maintaining for 13 months, and gradulately I lost more weight than originally planned, You eat more, so you burn more calories faster, in turn unexpected weight loss, but today it's good to be 15 pounds under your original goal weight, more cheat days ahead.
  • teegoods38
    teegoods38 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been maitianing since I hit my goal weight last year in July. Although my weight has not gone up or down, my clothes are a lot loose in the waste than usual. I think I have lost inches, I feel healthier and have lot's more energy. I am currently in the process of toning so I know the scale will go up but for the good (gaining muscel).
  • mzavilla
    mzavilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes - have had the same thing happen - when I posted a while ago - people thought I was crazy! My goal was 125 - I now hold pretty steady between 119-121. It's taken some tweeking with calories-have not decreased exercise. I just have learned to listen to my body more and when I am hungry I eat-if I'm not I don't - I don't so much follow myfitnesspal calorie recommendations to a T all the time.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's happened to me twice now. The first time I got down to 135lbs at 5'10" and everyone was telling me I was too thin. Then I had a baby and now on round 2 (maintenance now) and once I reached my goal weight of 150lbs I kept losing and now seem to hover around 145 lbs. I think it takes a while for your body to figure out where it should be. Also for me, I find it takes 1-2 weeks for my body to catch up to anything I've done. For example if I have a cheat day, it's usually a week later I will see the result on the scale. So once I upped my calories to maintenance, it took awhile to stop losing.

I think it's important to listen to your body to figure out what's right for you.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Tanie98 wrote: »
    my original goal was 120 lbs but when I reached 125 I decided to start maintaining since I was happy where with my weight. I was still tracking my calories to get an idea at eating at maintanance.

However I have since lost more weight since I can feel it in my clothes and the scale is now reading 115 lbs.Allot people told me I look great and not to lose more.I have since stopped counting calories since I am now used to potion control and I exercise regulary.I am scared I am going to keep losing.

Has this happen to anyone?

Happened to me too, it takes a bit of time to transfer to maintenance IMO. I wasn't watching my weight at the time but I went from a medium to a small with out wanting to.
  • AzizMuj
    AzizMuj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope this happens to me lol
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes I did. I just came back from a vacation where I had big breakfasts with feta cheese, flat bread, sausage, jam and cucumber or fruit every morning, and a big plate of kebab with rice, flat bread, fullfat yoghurt and pickle twice a day and 1-2 cans of coke or similar. Plus I've been testing local sweets as this country is not importing much and has lots of unknown products. In 9 days I've lost another 500 grams. Adding to that the 1kg or so that I lost since maintaining. I really need to up my calorie intake.
  • jediguitarist
    jediguitarist Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I went from 183lbs to 160lbs in 16 weeks a few years ago. Once I hit 160lbs, I tried maintaining for 8 weeks by adding another meal to my daily. I lost another 8lbs.

I stopped going to the gym for 8 weeks and stayed around 155lbs. Some reason, I've been maintaining 153lbs - 158lbs at 2000 cal/day for a few years.