Weight loss plateau :-(

Options
how do you guys get over plateaus?? It's driving me insane I am working my *kitten* off but not seeing results.

Replies

• runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I adjusted my macros a bit today and going to try harder to hit my protein intake. I think as we increase our level of fitness our calorie burn isnt' quite as much as it used to be so I'm going to try eat back less of my calorie burn. I've also been lacking a bit of determination though, so I'm trying to refocus.
  • juliaprenter
    juliaprenter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie intake and am gyming most days it's just such a let down when results take so long to see. I want to loose at least another 20/25pounds.
  • OHaraFitness
    OHaraFitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are your workouts like? There are a lot of small changes that could quickly change everything for you
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 calorie intake and am gyming most days it's just such a let down when results take so long to see. I want to loose at least another 20/25pounds.

Yep, in exactly the same boat. It's frustrating. I've tweaked my macros and eating none of my exercise cals back most days. Watching with interest.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How long have you been plateau'd? Progress isn't linear, so it's easy to have a week or two with no loss, followed by a bigger loss than you were expecting. If it's only a week or 2, don't sweat it. If it has been a bit longer, take a look at your logging, weighing, measuring and see where you might be off...overestimating calorie burns, underestimating food, etc
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    How long have you been plateau'd? Progress isn't linear, so it's easy to have a week or two with no loss, followed by a bigger loss than you were expecting. If it's only a week or 2, don't sweat it. If it has been a bit longer, take a look at your logging, weighing, measuring and see where you might be off...overestimating calorie burns, underestimating food, etc

I've been stuck about 4 months.
  • juliaprenter
    Options
    Yea I tend to loose a lot in one go and stop for about 3/4months. I have a careful diet eating well 6days out of 7 and having a treat on a Sunday. I suffered with an ED when I was younger so I think my metabolism is out of sink.
  • juliaprenter
    Options
    What are your workouts like? There are a lot of small changes that could quickly change everything for you

I do about 30mins of HITT cardio such as sprints. Body weight exercises etc I like the bella twins in WWE and have copied their workouts. But am up for suggestions :-)
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself too? It isn't a true plateau if you are still losing inches and sometimes the two don't go hand in hand... I like you need to eat 1200 to lose AT ALL (shot metabolism) however increasing resistance and strength training will help with this. Maybe take a few rest days from counting AND exercising. Then re-start with weigh and measure and a different workout regime to shake up and wake up your body and see what happens... Make sure you are logging accurately with a digital scale and go back to basics for a few weeks without the treat day.
  • Fizbi
    Fizbi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have better results if I don't eat back my exercise calories.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all of your solid foods and only using measuring cups for liquids? If not you are probably eating more than 1200 calories.
    When did you start your exercise program? If it was recent, you are likely retaining water.
    Also how long have you been in a plateau? If it's less than 6 weeks, it isn't a plateau. Weight loss isn't linear so don't expect to lose weight consistently.
    How is your water intake? Do you consume a lot of sodium? Low water intake and excessive sodium leads to water retention.