Can the way you cook a egg be more filling than the other?

Options
2»

Replies

• nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like making omelettes with an egg and a tablespoon of yogurt. It looks more like a main meal, especially with a filling.
  • Merci4u
    Merci4u Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think its probably to do with how its been processed. The more processed something is, the easier to digest and doesn't keep you as full longer. It might also be that a boiled egg keeps its moisture. Also, with the veggies, sometimes if they are overcooked they break down too quick and don't 'fill' you.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I read an article once that hard boiling or poaching eggs was better for you than frying or scrambling because the high temps needed when you fry or scramble breaks down some of the nutrients in the egg. I wish I could find the link again but I didn't have any luck. I'm not 100% sure I'm saying that correctly.

However, if this theory was true it would explain, to some degree what you are saying because the eggs that haven't been broken down by cooking would take longer for your own body to digest thus leaving you more satisfied.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I just eat ostrich eggs. Problem solved.
    BFDeal wrote: »
    My strategy is to let the egg hatch and grow into a chicken. Then eat that. It's very filling.
    :trollface: