Wii My Fitness Coach

Options
Has anyone bought this game yet? Is it good?

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    My DH bought it last spring right after it came out. It's not bad. There are a lot of fun little games to play. We both used it faithfully until we got bored of it. I'll still use it occasionally if I can't get to the gym for some reason. I would probably buy it again. If more exercises came out for it, I would definitely get those. Hope this is helpful....
  • acoker
    Options
    I really really want a Wii, but since money is tight- I am planning on breaking out my Dance Dance Revolution! It has a 'workout' mode that tells how many calories you burn. I know this didn't answer your question, but I thought it might help with other ideas! :flowerforyou:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I just got it a few weeks ago. It's not as intense as I would have liked (my workout is over half cardio) but it does have some fun balance games. It relies a lot on balance and posture and, being a dancer, I thought I'd have that nailed but I found out there's a lot I can work on! There is some good yoga and some "strength" exercises that are pretty hard! It's a fun alternate workout or addition to my workout but I wouldn't ditch the gym entirely.:smile:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options

I was wondering the same thing. I am waiting until I see some of the reviews before I buy the game.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I thought this game only came out at the beginning of this month. ? What every one is describing... sounds alot like Wii Fit.
  • kcatt
    kcatt Posts: 6
    Options
    What you are all describing DOES sound alot like Wii fit. I just got this game and have been faithfully working out with it for a week. It kicks my butt. It does a physical test and then adapts your workout to that. You can always increase the intensity if it isn't challenging enough. I enjoy it and am sore. It focuses on a different area each workout.....upper body, core, flexibility, lower body....and it does a session of cardio before the focus on every workout. I LOVE it!
  • letiamae
    Options
    What is a DH?
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bought the wii game and it came with wii sports, I use it everyday. Yes, I work up a serious sweat playing tennis, baseball, and boxing. The key to getting your heart rate up is to use the remote to punch, and swing , with the same intense that you would if you were actually playing the games. Trust me my muscles are sore afterwards. Go Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I believe DH stands for Darling Husband
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Sports and Wii Fit, and I was surprised at how much of a workout I actually got. My husband and I played the boxing and tennis for about 2 hours last sunday....and the next day I felt like I had gotten hit by a truck! I was SOOO sore. and in the Wii fit they have a hulahoop game, a few rounds of that and my booty was burning!!!

No, it wouldnt replace my workouts, but it is a fun way to get a little more of a workout in at the end of the day! :smile:
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Coach is a new game that just came out on the 2nd. I've heard good things about it, but I haven't picked it up yet. It does NOT use the balance board.

Incidentally, EA is coming out with a fitness game next year that looks promising. It uses cool things like resistance bands that plug into the controllers.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My Fitness Coach is a new game that just came out on the 2nd. I've heard good things about it, but I haven't picked it up yet. It does NOT use the balance board.

Incidentally, EA is coming out with a fitness game next year that looks promising. It uses cool things like resistance bands that plug into the controllers.

COOL! Well... I better hurry and get My Fitness Coach so I can be tired of that before the new one comes out! lol So far I have Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Fitness Ultimatum... :bigsmile:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    I saw Jillian from BL has a wii fitness game. Anyone tried it?
  • jacmiley
    Options
    I haven't tried the Jillian game ... I've only heard horrible things about it though
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit,it is hilarious, has great recomendations from WH magazine, and gets you working. Make a bunch of Mii's from people you know and they will make you laugh-evertyime you beat them at something it fells great. I know, I'm nuts. I give it 2 thumbs up.:wink:
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

COOL! Well... I better hurry and get My Fitness Coach so I can be tired of that before the new one comes out! lol So far I have Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Fitness Ultimatum... :bigsmile:

What do you think about Fitness Ultimatum. I was going to race out and buy it when it came out, but it got really cruddy reviews. I may ask for this Fitness Coach for Christmas, though.
  • jacmiley
    Options
    I asked for fitness coach 2 days ago. My bf said he got it for me. I'm so excited. It seems to be just like a workout video but it gives you different routines. I need change. I'm even debating getting the don king boxing when it comes out cause boxing really gets my heart racing. I've joined a gym 4 months ago and I'm already sick of that
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i have jillians game dn't buy it. it had to be returned 2xs to get one that worked correctly. you move and she doesn't. you can get a good workout doing it, just not the best game.
    my DH went out last night to find me fitness coach for Christmas and he couldn't find it anywhere. walmart, target, toyrus. none had it or heard of it. going to try game stop. oh well if i can't find it.
    love the wii (wispering: when i use it)
  • jacmiley
    Options
    i have jillians game dn't buy it. it had to be returned 2xs to get one that worked correctly. you move and she doesn't. you can get a good workout doing it, just not the best game.
    my DH went out last night to find me fitness coach for Christmas and he couldn't find it anywhere. walmart, target, toyrus. none had it or heard of it. going to try game stop. oh well if i can't find it.
    love the wii (wispering: when i use it)

try best buy -

my wonderful boyfriend got my version on ebay around 30 bucks