Best Dark Chocolate?

Options

Replies

• MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Aldi needs blown off the face of the earth for varying reasons.

*derails thread then drags it back on track*

I suddenly have a craving for a Max Brenner hot chocolate made with nothing but chocolate and full cream...

I recently introduced my husband to the amazingness of hot chocolate made by pouring simmered cream over 70% Lindt, then topping it up with full cream milk. Amazeballs.

^ So much this.

Hot chocolate should never be made any other way.

By the way, Max Brenner sells some absolutely amazing little warmer/mug thingies perfect for this, the spoon doubles as a straw:
    3991da913cced95bbd47ccc6a3877d47.jpg
    Best.
    Invention.
    Ever.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's the "best" but I like Lily's Original Dark Chocolate.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Green & Blacks organic Dark Chocolate with sea salt! It's 85%. I love it!!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Lily's dark chocolate chips. They are sweetened with Stevia and taste GREAT!! They are a mini chip so you can have 2 tablespoons for 55 calories. I find they satisfy my sweet tooth without derailing my progress.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Willie's chocolate is pretty good...
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Aldi needs blown off the face of the earth for varying reasons.

*derails thread then drags it back on track*

I suddenly have a craving for a Max Brenner hot chocolate made with nothing but chocolate and full cream...

I recently introduced my husband to the amazingness of hot chocolate made by pouring simmered cream over 70% Lindt, then topping it up with full cream milk. Amazeballs.

^ So much this.

Hot chocolate should never be made any other way.

By the way, Max Brenner sells some absolutely amazing little warmer/mug thingies perfect for this, the spoon doubles as a straw:
    3991da913cced95bbd47ccc6a3877d47.jpg
    Best.
    Invention.
    Ever.

I need this
  • geimerst
    geimerst Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Theo. For the win.
    <mic drop>

11148752_10204397702357717_4404672338688393373_n.jpg?oh=9a0d7e070507a6a1017e23968325af8b&oe=55A2AFDB
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Vosges, DeBrand, Dagoba, Dandelion and World Market are among my favorites. If you have a place nearby that does gourmet food imports, like a World Market, Whole Foods, a fancy co-op or a gourmet shop like Southern Season, those are all really good places to shop for chocolate to try. Once you've found something you love, try to find it online cheaper. You can often find it on Amazon at about 3/4 to 1/2 the price of a gourmet shop.

Fantastic tip! I am writing down the kinds mentioned in the thread to find something delicious. So expensive some of them (for me, anyhow) so I think I'll look online too-thank you...didn't even think of that before haha

• bbontheb
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    If you use the search function there are several threads about peoples favourite chocolate. Did you bother to look?

Oh shut up. Didn't your mother teach you some manners?
  • bbontheb
    Options
    To all the other recommendations-thank you! The hot chocolate post made me drool and know what I'm going to splurge on one of these days! The chocolate chip idea is great too. I tried the Lindt sea salt which was fairly good but I like an even darker chocolate. I saw one type of dark with black currant, one with cherry, and one with lime (strange but I wanted to try them). I could easily down a huge bar of milk chocolate "crap" chocolate before and not feel very satisfied (haha) but now a little bit here and there (of higher quality dark chocolate) seems to be perfect. Not too much but enough to enjoy a nice little treat!

Has anyone watched the movie Chocolat? I remember watching that and loving it...reminds me of that really thick hot chocolate...mmmmm
  • Caseysface
    Caseysface Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aldi's, it's imported real German chocolate. Plus it's only a couple dollars. I give it in gift baskets and people always ask me where I got the terrific chocolate.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    bbontheb wrote: »
    If you use the search function there are several threads about peoples favourite chocolate. Did you bother to look?

Whoa.
  • bbontheb
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Whoa.

My tongue in cheek tone didn't transfer through the text. It was equal to the poster who I was responding to about bothering to look first.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I love Lindt dark chocolate. Chili or Intense Orange.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    ghiradelli 70% dark
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Because it's good manners to tell someone to shut up? Why do you expect from others what you are not willing to do?

• bbontheb
    Options

Because it's good manners to tell someone to shut up? Why do you expect from others what you are not willing to do?

No, it wasn't good manners in the first place of the rude trolly comment. If I need to explain better it was mockery comment, not intentionally to be mean. So, I'm sorry if I came across that way.
  • bbontheb
    Options
    Anyhow, back to chocolate :)
  • jennifer_417
    Options

No, it wasn't good manners in the first place of the rude trolly comment. If I need to explain better it was mockery comment, not intentionally to be mean. So, I'm sorry if I came across that way.
    To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to your comment. I just get tired of people insisting that everybody be nice while and using an incredible amount of rudeness to do it. It's hypocrisy at its worst.

And yeah, back to chocolate! <3
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Anything with dark chocolate and sea salt