Slower Weight Loss at 50?

RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
Hi All
I have started this to have a home for people on the thread with the same title on NutriSystem since it is closing down.

Hi Jo, Vix, Irene, armanns and others

Have a Nice Day
Roger

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Hi Roger
    I found you. I am going to bookmark this so I can get back to it easier.
  • Joanne3366
    Formerly known as Jo.D
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Formerly known as Jo.D

Hey Roger, found this from the old site. It's Jan, formally higherthanthesyke. The link in the message did not work for me. It was probably me! I am not too tech-y! I will bookmark too, hoping to find this again! Looking thru the groups is hard, there is over a thousand. Do you know what page you are on? We will survive the move.
  • Buttons61
    Hi, Joanne!
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,352 Member
    Hi, thanks Roger! Hi Jo and Jan. :) This is Vix, eek-me, eku0 on here. I bookmarked it too. Probably easier to find that way. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Hi Buttons
  • jenwrite
    jenwrite Posts: 89 Member
    Hi Roger,

Thanks for starting this! --- Jen
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    What is Roger starting?
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi All
    Would You believe I lost this thread? :) I now have a shortcut on my Desktop to it.

I kept the same Avatar too.

Cheers
    Roger

OK, I think I see what I did :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    What is going on? Most confusing thread ever!!
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    I've moved over from NS as well. I wasn't part of your thread there, but looking to connect with others on NS here on MFP. Do you welcome newcomers? :)
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    What is going on? Most confusing thread ever!!

I think it should be like a group then discussion.
    or moving over from nutrisystem???
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,352 Member
    Good morning. Hi everyone.
    I've been using the tracking here for a long time, but haven't used the boards before.
    Most of us have moved over from NS. Do we need to start a group? Do our discussions go under a group site?
  • Buttons61
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks Roger! Hi Jo and Jan. :) This is Vix, eek-me, eku0 on here. I bookmarked it too. Probably easier to find that way. :)

Hi! Vix.

So glad to see everyone! Hope I have book marked, too!

Thanks to Roger for the site. You can never get to simple in your instructions. Trust me!

Hi again Val. Good to see you made it here!

Christine, we are a bunch from nutrisystem. I think we are a group and this will be a thread as soon as we get going! Not tecky myself! This is like the 2nd day! Be patient. Roger tends to keep us in line- I think we can discuss what we need. Most of us have 100+ pounds to lose. but I think everyone is welcome. We just missed the support from the boards at NS!

Did you all notice the new NS has NO place to say anything to them? LOL! Has anybody seen how we order, or do we have to call!
    Buttons61--formally higherthantheskye-- it's Jan. :)
  • Lovestheshores
    Lovestheshores Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks Roger!
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    Hi I'm thinking of trying NS. I posted on another thread. This thread seems more active. I'd like to find out how you like the NS. Marie Osmond from the infomercials says, it's like real food. How does it taste? I'm thinking of trying out the 5 day starter kit you get from Walmart. Looks like there would be a lot of support since many are coming to this site. Looking forward in hearing your responses.
  • Buttons61
    Hi I'm thinking of trying NS. I posted on another thread. This thread seems more active. I'd like to find out how you like the NS. Marie Osmond from the infomercials says, it's like real food. How does it taste? I'm thinking of trying out the 5 day starter kit you get from Walmart. Looks like there would be a lot of support since many are coming to this site. Looking forward in hearing your responses.

The food is good. I OD'd on Italian the 1st three months. Finally ordering a little differently. I love the cheese tortellini, tuna fish, all the breakfasts, esp. the chocolate muffins and pancakes. Everyone is different, and you have to try and adjust with your microwave a little. They are fast, and very dense. You do not get hungry, the fast five is for fast loss! -so eat lots of veggies/ salad. Lots of support from several who really have it figured out! It is active because we have Roger!! LOL! Welcome!
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Button. I'm not doing the fast 5. I'm doing the 5 Day kit. It has 5 days worth of meals and deserts. I got the kit and will be starting on Saturday. Thought I'd get that before I'd order a month. To see how it tastes.
  • Ron_369
    Ron_369 Posts: 12 Member
    It's nice to see some familiar posters here :)
  • Ron_369
    Ron_369 Posts: 12 Member

Everyone has different tastes so, like Buttons says, you will probably need to try the meals yourself to see if you like them. What one person loves another hates. It's not going to be 5 Star cuisine, but it's really not bad & there are LOTS of things you can do to "enhance" the NS meal. Spices, added veggies or even adding your "powerfuel" (protein serving) can make a ho-hum entrée taste pretty good. If you go into this with an open mind you can make it work.
This discussion has been closed.