Calorie count

Options
Calorie count chart can someone explain it to me plz

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Please be more specific. Are you using the Web version or one of the mobile apps? If a mobile app, which one? What does the calorie count chart look like? What are you trying to do with the calorie count chart that you are referencing?
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    "Macros" refers to your portion of carbs, fats, and protein you consume in a day. These are given in grams. 1g of carbs and protein is equivalent to 4 kcals (aka "calories") of energy. 1g of fat is equal to 9 kcals of energy. There are recommended amounts of carbs, protein, and fat that you should eat in a day based on your body weight (though you can customize these values if you are doing low-fat, high protein, low carb, diets, etc)

Each pound of fat is approximately 3000 calories. So if you want to lose 1 lb a week, MFP recommends you cut your daily intake of calories by 500 calories a day (500 calories a day x 7 = 3500 or 1 lb of weight lost a week).

Any exercise calories are added to your daily value. So if you are recommended to eat 1500 calories a day and do 500 calories of exercise, you have "earned" an additional 500 calories that you can eat over the course of the day and still lose that 1 lb a week (So on that day, you could eat 2000 calories and still be in a calorie deficit to be on track to lose weight).

You can also customize your chart to show you daily amounts of sodium, certain vitamins, or fiber, depending on what are your nutritional goals.

I hope that helped!

• angela302014
    angela302014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ok thanks because i wanted to know how that works
  • angela302014
    Options
    crybertone its on the myfitinesspal app
  • CyberTone
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It is still not clear what you mean by "Calorie count chart." Nor whether you are using the MyFitnessPal application on the Web version or one of the mobile applications.
  • angela302014
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    It is still not clear what you mean by "Calorie count chart." Nor whether you are using the MyFitnessPal application on the Web version or one of the mobile applications.

Mobile app but someone answered my question already thanks
  • CyberTone
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »

Mobile app but someone answered my question already thanks

OK, Great!