muscle milk!

Options
2»

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'll drink one from time to time, but they're not my favorite. I prefer the chocolate over the vanilla which to me has a weird taste.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I like it. It's not that expensive compared to other proteins and it tastes good. I get the cake batter flavor in muscle milk light and use it in my smoothies (mixed with frozen fruit, greek yogurt, pb2, almond milk, chia). They taste great, I get some protein, all is well.

The cake batter is SO good... I no longer use it, but that stuff is a treat.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It obsorbs faster gets into the blood stream faster than say Casein protein
    why is that helpful ?

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I like the taste, but overall way too many calories when compared to something like ON Gold Standard Whey, as well as being on the expensive side. I switched to ON GS Whey and love it. Can't beat the cost or protein to calorie ratio (and have something that tastes great).
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk is low grade protein, you need something much higher in quality so you're body can digest it. Our clubs only sell the following: SFH, RxBars and Fuel for Fire. Look those up, not the cheapest but you will see some great results

wut
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    why is that helpful ?

For myself I go to the gym at 5am workout for 70 minutes drink a protein shake eat a banana get on my bike for 60 minutes then shower get ready for work and typically eat my first meal at 830am. I can't imagine not getting some form of protein in my body the first four hours I'm awake. I have read that its good to get whey protein in your blood stream after you workout weather or not its scientifically proven is questionable but I do see a lot of really muscular people who indeed follow the same reg i min with great results.

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    why is that helpful ?

For myself I go to the gym at 5am workout for 70 minutes drink a protein shake eat a banana get on my bike for 60 minutes then shower get ready for work and typically eat my first meal at 830am. I can't imagine not getting some form of protein in my body the first four hours I'm awake. I have read that its good to get whey protein in your blood stream after you workout weather or not its scientifically proven is questionable but I do see a lot of really muscular people who indeed follow the same reg i min with great results.

ok, thanks.

• lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the Light chocolate one and i found it way to sweet for my taste....
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    I like it. It's not that expensive compared to other proteins and it tastes good. I get the cake batter flavor in muscle milk light and use it in my smoothies (mixed with frozen fruit, greek yogurt, pb2, almond milk, chia). They taste great, I get some protein, all is well.

The cake batter is SO good... I no longer use it, but that stuff is a treat.

It was amazing. I generally buy whatever is on sale, and I found the 2LB cake batter for $17 so I bought it. Now I'm constantly on the lookout lol.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love it (powdered version) mainly for 1. great flavor 2. great to make protein pancakes with
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    *kitten* is the boom!!