Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I just discovered one now that the weather is warmer and I'm not always wearing a coat: my seatbelt uncomfortable rubs against my collarbone. I guess I had padding there before; now I don't.
  • kristenmgraham
    kristenmgraham Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    reeserox wrote: »
    believe it or not....these stories are very encouraging :smile:

Yes!! I love reading these and hope to be there soon!
  • kristenmgraham
    kristenmgraham Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No more acid stomach!

I used to pound down antacids all the time because I needed to. I would buy them 3 or 4 bottles at a time. The day I began eating smarter and healthier, my heartburn went away the *next* day. It's been nearly a month. I've lost 9 pounds and my bottle of antacids is gathering dust. To me, this was as big a victory as the weight loss.

I seriously wondered if this was just me. Friends and family looked at me like I was crazy when I told them this. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I usually stay out of the forums because it seems negative so much of the time. This thread has made my day! What fun to look forward to!!
  • KevannC
    KevannC Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    KevannC wrote: »
    Your weiner appears bigger lmao! Dr Oz said an inch every 30 lbs but I think it's more like every 42 lbs lmao.
    Again with the wiener myth! Dr. Oz can say anything he likes but I'm still waiting for those magical inches to appear. :|

It's not a myth. While your wiener doesn't physically get bigger the fat around it goes away making it appear bigger.

• svetlay
    svetlay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    maybe TMI but I noticed as the pounds drop my libido goes up...maybe it's because I am more confident and feel better in my skin or maybe it's a chemical/hormonal response since I am living healthier....either way my fiance isn't complaining haha

Odd, it's the oposite for me. The logistics of getting laid seem just worth messing up my gym schedule.. late nights, dinners, drinks, they all seem teeedious! But that said I can see how it can have a positive effect if you are not single:)
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I thought I had completely passed the age where guys would cat-call me on the street but nope, they are back again.
  • AshleyMarieMe
    AshleyMarieMe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm fat what can I say... but I'm trying to lose, just a shout out, I found a really good place to get plus size fitness stuff to wear for motivation, some of the funniest tees out there it's a site called FlirtyDivaTees I ordered some shirts, can't wait for them to arrive, this is the second order I've placed with this company because they have plus sizes and they FIT ME!!! LOL
  • ea15792
    ea15792 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't mind having my photo taken as much. I'm far less afraid to try new things. I'm also far more outgoing. I'm not hiding from the world as I was.
  • ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    every now and then i look at my fingers, and i can't help but notice that they don't look the same, so i often just stare at my fingers because the look so skinny and inspire me to keep losing weight. also, my face and hair look soo much better, also i used to have heart burn almost everyday, but since i started eating better, i maybe get heart burn once every few months, which is one of my favorite bonuses because heart burn sucked.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ek0513 wrote: »
    every now and then i look at my fingers, and i can't help but notice that they don't look the same, so i often just stare at my fingers because the look so skinny and inspire me to keep losing weight. also, my face and hair look soo much better, also i used to have heart burn almost everyday, but since i started eating better, i maybe get heart burn once every few months, which is one of my favorite bonuses because heart burn sucked.

@ek0513 Definitely yes to the hair and skin. I HAD bad cystic acne. I hit under 200lbs and after a month of under 200 it's like it vanished into the wind(unless I eat dairy, then one pops up). I remember when I was at 160-ish and lived in Odessa the hard water didn't seem to affect my hair very much and when I put on weight, it dried it out and made it stringy. Now it's beginning to get back to its old self(although Bastrop water isn't AS bad as Odessa water)!
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My fingers lace together so much more comfortably!! Used to be they would get tingly or numb when I laced them now they slide together perfectly!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. <3
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Dammit. My joggers are too loose and my running tights are baggy
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm swimming in some of my favorite clothes.. makes me sad but makes me happy at the same time haha
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this mentioned (and I've read the whole thread!), but as I no longer need to pull my shirts down when I stand because they no longer ride up above my hips and bunch up. I just stand and they naturally slide down where they belong :)

That's one of the things I'm most looking forward to...!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    They're actually part of the reason I was motivated to lose - didn't want to have the horses carrying any more weight than they need to!

I have not been horseback riding in a long time because of being overweight. I'm looking forward to when I lose enough to be able to ride again. :)

• bdonovan14
    bdonovan14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was sitting on a bench the other day and realized I had my legs crossed! I've had to move my watch strap five holes smaller. My neck looks longer! I'm 40 down and still have 60 to go, but I'm so happy to see progress. I've always given up before I get to the point where it's really noticeable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!