aim = drop a dress size by June 19th

Options
Hi Guys! Any tips for dropping a dress size in roughly a month?? I am doing a lot of exercise and would like to have a diet i can maintain...after i have dropped one dress size then i will be looking at dropping another by Sept 3rsld (for when i fly to Cancun!!) lots of motivation but lacking a bit of knowledge!? Ha!

Replies

• courter12
    courter12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Morning Cardio, 1200 Calorie Diet, Lots of Water!
  • tatumlcolclough
    tatumlcolclough Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing either running or cycling in the morning for approximately 30-40mins. This is moderate intensity... Should i be doing high intensity stuff more??
  • tatumlcolclough
    Options
    courter12 wrote: »

Thanks for the reply btw! :)
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Reasonable calorie deficit, adequate protein, and strength training, preferably heavy weights, low rep. Eating too little and doing just cardio won't help you retain lean mass. The more lean mass you keep, the more fat you lose.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

No!...Eat at a slight deficit and lift weights to build your muscle mass! I've lost 12.5 inches in the last 2 months. No joke...read this thread for more information

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • tatumlcolclough
    Options

No!...Eat at a slight deficit and lift weights to build your muscle mass! I've lost 12.5 inches in the last 2 months. No joke...read this thread for more information

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

A very helpful blog there.. Thanks!! The last week i have added 15 min abs or weights to the end of my cardio workout. Is this enough or do i need to build up on that??
  • tatumlcolclough
    Options
    Reasonable calorie deficit, adequate protein, and strength training, preferably heavy weights, low rep. Eating too little and doing just cardio won't help you retain lean mass. The more lean mass you keep, the more fat you lose.

Seems to be a common reaponse - i will definately be adding more strength training. Tbh I've always usually avoided weights as its quite intimidating in the gym but now have a friend doing it with me who is a PT which helps ALOT!