trainer food, and just flippin working out!

Options
musikdawl
musikdawl Posts: 6 Member
So I was looking at groupon, at this rev trainer food... comes with 28 days of pre packaged, real cooked food, for a decent price. So my friend actually went and bought this, and she says it tastes great, and the veggies are fresh. Only thing is, you eat veggies for breakfast, lunch and dinner... strange right? Well, they are saying 2-6 lbs per week if stick to the meal plan with exercise. Anyone successful with something like this? I'm a single mom, 2 kiddos, and work full time as a nurse. So I'm always on the go! I am ready for a change and for the first time in years get on the beach in a bikini and just feel hot! Not for the ones looking at me, but for me! Any ideas, thoughts, advice? Today is day 2.

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it but had a little google. The price for 28 days of meals with the groupon isn't bad, but no disrespect, I have to laugh when they tout it as fat burning veggies and protein. I don't see they're any different than any other veggies and protein.

That said, doesn't look like anything that'll hurt you and the groupon price isn't atrocious. My reservation with programs like this is what happens when the food runs out. It's all pre-packaged for you and when it's done, you're still busy and still haven't learned to portion foods yourself, so you either keep buying it or end up back where you started. There's nothing magical about them...just pre-packaged and portioned calorie control that you can do yourself by buying veggies and chicken breasts and cooking them.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    There's nothing strange about veggies with every meal. You can put them in omelets, drink as juice, have a poached egg on spinach, etc.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    It's a scam, 2-6 pounds per week is completely unsustainable, even if you're morbidly obese, which, judging by your pic, you are not. Additionally, and more importantly, weight loss is free.

Also, fat burning veggies and protein is not a thing. Eat real food, at a reasonable deficit, and keep your money in your wallet.

Rigger
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My reservation with programs like this is what happens when the food runs out. It's all pre-packaged for you and when it's done, you're still busy and still haven't learned to portion foods yourself, so you either keep buying it or end up back where you started. There's nothing magical about them...just pre-packaged and portioned calorie control that you can do yourself by buying veggies and chicken breasts and cooking them.

This! If you reach your goal weight eating from pre-packaged and portioned food what happens when you reach your goal? If you stop buying from this plan how do you eat? The way you were before? That will lead to gaining all of the weight back that you lost. You need to learn how to eat properly to maintain your weight loss once you get there. The only way to really do that is to learn while you're losing weight.

I see nothing wrong with giving the Groupon a try but use it as a learning tool. Pay attention to the portion sizes and calories of what you're getting and perhaps pick out some of the meals you like and learn how to make similar meals yourself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,725 Member
    Options
    All diets ONLY work if there's a calorie deficit. This one creates one and like all diets, if followed weight will reduce.
    Thing is calorie deficit is just about calorie counting. And that's free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • musikdawl
    musikdawl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree!! That's a good point about not learning portions and what is actually added in the foods. And no I'm not morbid, I want to lose 35 pounds, quick but not too quick!! I'm calorie counting and trying to stay under 1200. Thanks for the feed back :)