National Bike Challenge 2015

Options

Replies

• BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Only one week left before this year's challenge kicks off. Get on over and sign up if you like to ride bicycle even a little bit. I bet you will end up riding more than usual if you do. :smiley:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hey BigDog. Just wanted to say thanks for the reminder on this. I really enjoyed it last year and would have most likely forgot about it this year had you not made this post. So....Thanks man!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey ... I´ve joined the team. I have a question. In Denmark we travel kilometers ;-) not miles. If I track my rides by Endomondo will the app do the math for me and log in miles on the bikechallange? Or will I have to do it myself manually?
  • JJScheib
    JJScheib Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in we're now at 70 members.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Joined the challenge for the first time this year. Sadly I won't be contributing many miles till later in May as we'll be traveling. Looking forwards to a great summer. :sunglasses:
  • BethanyFrerichs
    BethanyFrerichs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread. I'm in. Need the motivation for a ride in August so this will work.
  • BigDog
    Options
    No problem @Hornsby (I'm guessing that's the case for many people.) I didn't realize but the website stays up all year long so you can keep on racking up miles and points, but they don't count for each year's challenge except during the "challenge" period.

I'm not sure @abelcat1 . Actually... I'm not sure if this is USA only or world wide. (I think it might, currently, only be a USA site. Here is a link where you can find answers and ask questions about anything relating to the "Challenge" https://getsatisfaction.com/nationalbikechallenge
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    signed up thanks
  • Hornsby
    Options
    BigDog wrote: »
    No problem @Hornsby (I'm guessing that's the case for many people.) I didn't realize but the website stays up all year long so you can keep on racking up miles and points, but they don't count for each year's challenge except during the "challenge" period.

I'm not sure @abelcat1 . Actually... I'm not sure if this is USA only or world wide. (I think it might, currently, only be a USA site. Here is a link where you can find answers and ask questions about anything relating to the "Challenge" https://getsatisfaction.com/nationalbikechallenge

Now that it syncs with Strava, it will be much easier for me to keep it up to date year around.

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    BigDog wrote: »

Now that it syncs with Strava, it will be much easier for me to keep it up to date year around.
    I just got the strava app too Thanks
  • matthew_garcia
    matthew_garcia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just signed up . thanks big dog
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ok BigDog... Thanks. I was allowed to enter the challange being Dane and was able to pick Copenhagen as my timezone. But the challange is not geared for metrics and kilometers. It appears users have been struggling with Endomondo not synching correct km to miles. I will have to Google this a bit more... ;-)
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    ScientificExplorerGirl Posts: 535 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi there--I just joined up! Looking forward to a great Summer of riding. I'll be logging miles with Strava.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Is there an MFP group for us as well? Or should we continue to post progress, etc on this thread?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    The challenge itself keeps up with progress? I guess you could track it here to if you wanted.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Okay!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I signed up last year but since I use Strava I never ended up entering anything. Glad they are using Strava now.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok, I'm on board. I never heard of this but it is perfect for me. I won't be the strongest member on the team, but I will enjoy it!

Mission this weekend: get the air in the tires and get some routes mapped and warmed up! ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Thanks BigDog and Mxchana for the information about the challenge. Just got the Trek out and dusted off the seat, tires aired up and of course the rain is moving in. But I needed something to motivate me to get back on the bike and ride. It is a fun recreational activity, that also burns up some calories, what is not to love?

MFP Team shows 76 members currently.
  • BigDog
    Options
    Glad to see all the new people joining in. It's a great way to motivate, but don't need to take it too seriously either. The whole thing is meant to just get people outside and riding and moving more. Although... You also can win prizes too. It's a lottery type thing but it's still a motivating factor. (I won a pair of sunglasses last year... I never win anything!) ;)

Maybe we will get to 100 riders this year.