Know of any good Romance books?

Options
I am in need of a new book..... Any good ideas? I would definitely appreciate it! Thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i love this book called "the choice" by nicholas sparks
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for romance novels and like the historical ones try Judith McKnaught or Julie Garwood. Both are excellent!
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    guns and ammo :devil:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    i love this book called "the choice" by nicholas sparks

All things by Nicholas Sparks.
    Diane Palmer is good.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    if you like traditional romance; one of my favorite sets of romance novels are the "born of" series by nora roberts. they are a little bit old. but 'born of fire' 'born of ice' and 'born of shame' is a trilogy about 3 irish sisters with different talents. her other irish trilogy "jewels of the sun" "tears of the moon" and "heart of the sea" are also good.

if you fall to the "paranormal" side of things, i can't recommend sherrilyn kenyon's "dark hunter" novels enough. there's somewhere around 15 of them right now, and with the combo of mythology, romance, and serious action i've managed to read several of them in one day. :)
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Karen Marie Moning wrote a highlander series and fever series, both were excellent! :blushing:
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Do you want "steamy" romance? Try Kressley Cole "Immortals After Dark" series. My assistant told me about them, i've read all 9 of them and they are a lot of fun!!!!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    There's a Highlander series by Karen Marie Moning, my mom and I LOVE these books. If you're into sci-fi/fantasy with a bit of romance, this author also has a Fever series. Her books are fantastic!

There's also the Night Tales series by Nora Roberts, it's pretty good too!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Ahh, you beat me to it! Glad I'm not the only one who's enjoyed her stories! :drinker:
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular genre within romance that you like? Action, sentimental, supernatural, sci-fi etc? I'm a total romance junkie and read them all the time. Some of my favorite authors are Sherrilyn Kenyon, Julie Garwood (her historicals), Nalini Singh, Christine Feehan (her Ghost Walker and Sister series), Lori Foster (great for laughs). One series that I absolutely love that's not strictly romance is Gini Koch's Alien series (Touched by an Alien, Alien Tango & Alien in the Family) They're laugh out loud funny (seriously I burst out laughing on the plane ride to Vegas...people thought I was insane). I know tons more, pm me if you want to talk about books or need more recommendations.
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have read about 28 books in the past year and I can say they all have a lot of romance in them. But...they are in the fantasy genre. But lots of romance.

1. City of Bones 2. City of Ashes 3. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments series)

4. Beautiful Creatures 5. Beautiful Darkness (next one due in October )

6. The Hunger Games 7. Catching Fire 8. The Mockingjay

9. Fallen 10. Torment (next one due june)

11. Evermore 12. Blue Moon 13. Shadowland 14. Dark Flame 15. Night Star (Immortal's series) (next due june 2011)

16. Hush Hush 17. Crescendo (more to come)

18.The Fallen 19. Leviathan 20. Aerie 21. Reckoning(Thomas Sniegosk Fallen Series)(More due 2011)

22. Firelight( can't wait for book 2)

23. Shiver 24. Linger (next due July)

25. City of Lost Angels (The Mortal Instruments) (took a year and I'm already done..more waiting ahh)

26. Wings (Laurel Series #1)27.Spells (Laurel Series #2) 28.(Illusions Laurel Series #3)

But, if your not into the "fantasy" genre then it may not be for you but give it a try. I own a Nook Color and some of these have the lend me feature so if you have a nook ap then I could lend them to you. I don't mind.

Nichole
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm on the last book in the bridal series by nora roberts. they're really good. (vision in white, bed of roses, savor the moment and happy ever after) I've really enjoyed them because it's about four friends who run a wedding planning business. I love all things wedding so they are fun reads for me.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Anything by Julie Garwood--she has historical (The Bride, The Secret, & Ransom, Clayborne Series) and contemporary (Heartbreaker, Slow Burn, Shadow Dance). You can't go wrong with Nora Roberts!! She has some great series (Blood Brothers, Key trio, Morrigan's Cross--Vampires) Lots of variety with both of these authors
  • smartmama4
    smartmama4 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas :) I'll have to go to the library with a list. I love Nicolas Sparks, but he seems to either kill someone off or it isn't the "happy" ending I like....

I'm gonna have fun at the library! But I'll make sure I walk there, so I get some exercise too!! lol

Thanks again!
  • smartmama4
    smartmama4 Posts: 30
    Options

But, if your not into the "fantasy" genre then it may not be for you but give it a try. I own a Nook Color and some of these have the lend me feature so if you have a nook ap then I could lend them to you. I don't mind.

Nichole

I don't have a nook ap, but thanks for the offer :)
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    I also really love the Malory series by Johanna Lindsey. (Love Historical Romance!)
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Diane Palmer is good.

Yes! I love her stuff!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love the author Marian Keyes.

I also have an addiction to Pride and Prejudice derivatives, if you are interested in that, my favourite author is Abigail Reynolds. Some derivatives rework the story in a different setting, or carry on the story where it left off, or change the circumstances at a particular point, always good fun!

GG
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Do you want "steamy" romance? Try Kressley Cole "Immortals After Dark" series. My assistant told me about them, i've read all 9 of them and they are a lot of fun!!!!

by steamy romance do you mean the type of book you read and constantly look over your shoulder to see if any one else sees what you are reading?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Unrepentant Sinner, Charles Askins.