Anyone using Misfit Flash / Shine???

Options
13»

Replies

• Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Going to be buying a misfit shine next week and hoping to add some people. One bad review I keep reading is the strap and clip breaking due to poor rubber design. So figured I would share how I plan to fix this issue...

Griffin and Misfit have teamed up to make different cloth like holders to be worn on your wrist... But only catch is, two colours and $20for a pack of two, seems a bit pricey. So I love sewing.... Therefore I have made a 'tube' of fabric (I used PUL to test since I had left overs from homemade diapers I make) that is just so big enough to stretch around the shine(used a loonie to try) wiggle it to the middle, and tie that sucker on to your wrist or ankle... Won't fall out since the ends are tied and secure! Use any fabric that won't cause an irritation for you, and can go into the laundry :)

I hope this helps a few people, and maybe saves some money from broken bands and lost sensors.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing that the misfit is too sensitive? that brushing your teeth will say you've walked 200 steps or something. Is it worth the money? I brought a dynamo one which went wrong and failed to connect to BT. Does BT always need to on for it to work?

I had a misfit shine, and I found this to be true. I would wash the dishes, and even if I put it on my leg instead of my wrist, it would log me as having done "15 minutes of running". And that wouldn' t be such a big deal, but there was no way to delete it in the app, so my tracking was becoming inaccurate.
  • Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do. I tried so many (expensive to cheap) and of all, I love my Misfit Flash most. I am hoping to try out the Basis Peak (if it ever comes back in stock) and the Up3, if it ever makes it to the market. But for now, I am VERY happy with the Misfit Flash. If you have a Misfit, add me as a friend: sammi1244 :smiley:

Happy Fitness!!
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anyone noticing some weird data with your calories burned/projected calories being transferred from the misfit app? my daily calories look correct in the misfit app, but then only transfer over as a very small percentage (i.e. the misfit app say i have burned 1193 cal so far today, but MFP picks it up as 55 cal?)
  • Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    Anyone noticing some weird data with your calories burned/projected calories being transferred from the misfit app? my daily calories look correct in the misfit app, but then only transfer over as a very small percentage (i.e. the misfit app say i have burned 1193 cal so far today, but MFP picks it up as 55 cal?)
    Absolutely the same thing here. I disconnected Misfit from MFP. Frustrated.
  • dietdoer
    dietdoer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same for me. It's actually recognising my steps but not calories burnt. I did over 15000 steps yesterday and mfp deducted 200 calories from my activity. Any ideas what to do?
  • secondnature81
    secondnature81 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I read on their FB page that they know about the issue and are working on fixing it :(
  • amaira515
    amaira515 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one and it is an issue they are working on! I just started keeping track of it and at first I thought they maybe just had some weird calculating going on but later in the day before bed a bunch of calories burned finally showed up from the misfit.
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love my Shine. I have had it for two months now. I have bought one for each of my daughters. I used to have an accelerometer and it was very accurate. My husband has a Fitbit and we tested the Misfit and the Fitbit together and found the Misfit to be far better at keeping track. I bought a leather watch band for mine because it looks so much better. I love the way it lights up when you reach your goals and as a fashion accessory it works! LOL