Replies

• aztec707
    aztec707 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    add me peeps... i gotta drop 70lbs just to get to normal :#
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Anybody can add me. I started with 100 to lose. I've lost 50 so far. It's going slow, some people lose that in a year. I'm at 2.5 years for 50 pounds, but I've made a lot of sustainable life style changes, so, I'm ok with slow progress.
  • nichole0483
    nichole0483 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I've really just started myself. Supporting each other is important.
  • Pinkaller
    Pinkaller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 4 and although I get the Idea And know what I'm doing I totally lack motivation some days. I'm finding this hard and could do with supports too.good luck with your diet you seem really positive and focused. :-)
  • Stephanie3399
    Stephanie3399 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You have all come to the right place for guidance and support! MFP has been great for support! I've been on my MFP for a long time on and off of course and have always enjoyed it! Feel free to add me or ask any questions! I have a degree in Nutritional Science, so I don't mind helping any of y'all! :)
  • rphipps1
    rphipps1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for other people to loose weight with. I have 100 pounds to loose! Not trying to fit into a size 0!!!

Right there with you, brother. I should lose about 130. Good luck.

• princess_boots
    princess_boots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have fat people problems lol I've been big majority of my life and I'm at risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression. So I'm looking to lighten my load by lightening myself. I hope this can be a wonderful way to be accountable and supportive of each other!
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm down 29lbs, but still have 111lbs left to lose!
    Anyone feel free to add me if you'd like! We can do this! :drinker:
  • Silverstar721
    Silverstar721 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 pounds but still have another 50 to go. All the things stated here are very good advice. The one thing I use to keep myself motivated is to tell myself that for each pound lost I am getting healthier and healthier. Most diseases need sugar to live on so I have cut back considerably on sweets. Working with myself isn't easy so I am glad that I can post and also use the tracking system here. Before I ate for taste, not I eat to feel full. When I didn't eat healthy foods I was always hungry, most times right after dinner. And it was all because of sugar. Please add me or contact me I will be there for you to support you. Good luck to you...I feel you are going to make your goal a reality. We are all in this together.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You can add me! 60lbs down, 60lbs to go!
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Same! Good luck
  • MrWillis212
    MrWillis212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job so far in your journey, you can add me if you like.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    divya008 wrote: »
    it's really easy to lose weight for large people because they have higher metabolic rates whereas people who tend to be less fatter they try more harder to lose weight because their metabolic rates are slower so you all are lucky here because you eat 1200 calories a day you'll lose weight real fast and us if we eat 1200 calories a day we are likely to gain weight so be positive and start losing weight its only good for you and one more thing consume more foods that are in high in fiber it takes longer to digest and keeps you full for longer time and throw away all of your junk foods you are less likely to consume and don't go for shopping ask someone to do write a list of food that you want and give it to them so you are less likely to buy unnecessary foods like junk

What an odd post! It's easy for heavy ppl to lose weight because we eat 1200 calories What??

I'm really tired so maybe I'm missing something but who's eating 1200 cals and working to drop 100 lbs? That's a crazy low amount of food to eat with that amount to drop.

And we're lucky??? This is hard work for EVERYONE, a larger person is not LUCKIER because they have more to lose......

so then you go on to say a person that's not as over weight will gain weight eating 1200 cals?

:huh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ..OP :) Most of these are really great warm and welcoming posts... a few are... confusing. lol
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's very possible.

Log your food accurately and honestly (digital food scale can help with this)
    Find an activity you enjoy doing
    Have lots and lots of patience
    Don't try to be perfect, work on being consistently better than you were yesterday.
    Have more patience
    Don't fall for all the diet myths that are thrown around, keep it simple and take it 1 lb at a time.
    Understand that weight will fluctuate all the time, so watch for overall trends.
    Don't overly restrict, losing weight doesn't have to be miserable.
    Have some more patience.

Good luck to you!

I'm trying to drop 40-50kg (100lbs or so), this isn't my first time at it either :( I'll add one important thing that GiveMeCoffee left out, and that is, simply - DON'T GIVE UP. You CAN do it if you believe in yourself. You're going to have bad days or even weeks in there. When they happen, recognize them for what they are, pick yourself up and get right back on with it. Do that and you'll win.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    divya008 wrote: »
    it's really easy to lose weight for large people because they have higher metabolic rates whereas people who tend to be less fatter they try more harder to lose weight because their metabolic rates are slower so you all are lucky here because you eat 1200 calories a day you'll lose weight real fast and us if we eat 1200 calories a day we are likely to gain weight so be positive and start losing weight its only good for you and one more thing consume more foods that are in high in fiber it takes longer to digest and keeps you full for longer time and throw away all of your junk foods you are less likely to consume and don't go for shopping ask someone to do write a list of food that you want and give it to them so you are less likely to buy unnecessary foods like junk

NO. It's not easy. And eating 1200 is not for everyone. It's harder to move around more and eat well, and eat within calorie goals. It's NOT easy. So don't pretend like it is. I am not lucky to eat 1200 calories. I am not lucky to have health problems related to my weight.

Talk about a F***** humble-brag.

• BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I relate... I've been here on MFP for awhile now but I still have over 100lbs to lose! I don't want to be super small, I just want to be able to make weight for the military before I get too old. (I do mostly cardio exercise... I really want to get more into strength training and stuff like sit-ups, running, and so on.)