anyone else work graveyard shift?

Options
justinarias07
justinarias07 Posts: 15 Member
I don't know about you but it's a little harder for a person to stay in shape when he works the night shift.. anyone agree?

Replies

• g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    Options
    hell yea! I just started this shift the middle of march and haven't really worked out with any consistency since I started. I don't feel like doing anything when I get home or when I wake up. I hate night shift but got stuck with it.
  • medavidcook
    medavidcook Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i feel the same, i only work 2 night shifts per week but it takes me an extra day to get over due to lack of sleep.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    It can be harder especially if you have loved ones, in a relationship, kids, that sorta thing. Personally for me sleep is the biggest contributing factor for my overall success. I lack sleep, everything falls apart.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I did it on and off for 21 plus years. :) The last 10 was ALL night shift. It will affect you the rest of your life..in the way you eat, if you continue. I almost always wake at 3:00 AM hungry. That was my 'lunch time' on night shift. And I can FORGET making morning appointments. Still, if I had to do it again, I'd choose night shift..to avoid the rat race!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I work 7pm-7am three days a week, I'm just not a morning person at all and I'm a psych nurse, if i had to deal with this in the day time, I would need psych meds myself. lol The only thing I hate is I'm always snacking on something.
  • LUAPness
    LUAPness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got lucky and landed a job where I can bike to and from work, so that keeps up what little shape my body can hold, even during night shifts.
  • nymasonpaul
    nymasonpaul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work overnights and with some minor differences I think I actually may be doing better in some ways. It definitely requires meal planning for sure. A set schedule for certain things makes a huge difference. I have a routine that I need to stick to regarding sleep, and exercise. I think I am actually getting more sleep now than when I worked days and definitely more than when I worked a 3 shift weekly rotation That just sucked. I still struggle with weekends knowing that staying on the schedule would be better for me in some ways but I don't. I need some form of a normal social life with my family and friends so weekends get all screwy and sunday night in to work I'm pretty tired! I think we're all just trying to figure it out and I know I could definitely use support both in health and working off shifts. Some people just don't really get either one of those things