Weight loss help

Options
Hello. I am so frustrated! Was thinking about joining weight watchers online but found this phone app. I gained 8 lbs since January feeling miserable. I need to lose 10-15 lbs. the phone app says I should eat 1300 calories a day. I set it to 1200. If I stick within those calories I wonder how long it will take? None of my clothes for me. Help?!!! Thanks for your advice.

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    With that little to lose, set your goal to no more than 1 lb loss per week, so 10 to 15 weeks.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't go too low, it's counterproductive. Your body will go into 'starvation mode'. On so few calories, don't waste any on rubbish foods.Plenty of lean protein will keep you feeling full.
  • taraannadams
    taraannadams Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Suggestions on what type of foods?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like, consider healthy etc. Just make sure it fits into your calories. So, if it is something very calorie dense, either consider a small portion, or replace with something else.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    angiewf wrote: »
    Don't go too low, it's counterproductive. Your body will go into 'starvation mode'. On so few calories, don't waste any on rubbish foods.Plenty of lean protein will keep you feeling full.

It is counter-productive to go too low, but not because of the myth of "starvation mode."

Going too low can impact energy and create awful health consequences - - short-term and long-term.

It also makes it harder to stay on plan and can contribute to binging.

OP, if MFP suggested 1,300 when you put in a reasonable goal, why not try that?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. It's that simple.