Baked Mango Sriracha Cauliflower Wings

Options
2»

Replies

• wpwarrior88
    wpwarrior88 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Sounds great! Will definitely try, thank you for sharing!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    FUNFACT: Cauliflower has as many wings as a buffalo.

While I would totally rather have the real thing...this really looks pretty good...though I'd probably go with the frying over the baking.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I would try this on chicken - sounds good.
  • rosemaryszatmary
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Will have to try it
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    How come the recipe says you can't move them too much? Do they become mushy? Or does the stick have a hard time staying in?

If I were making this for a vegetarian friend or family member for a party, I would'n't call them wings I'd just call them whatever Dame Piglet said.

Also I'd fry them fast b/c I think I'd like the cauliflower to stay "crisp cooked" and I'd also like a crispy coating under the glaze. Also if the meat is missing I think it can handle a little fat for texture and satiety.

Thanks for the recipe though, it's a good start to something that is not wings.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

While I would totally rather have the real thing...this really looks pretty good...though I'd probably go with the frying over the baking.

FUNNERFACT: Chicken wings come from chickens, who certainly do have wings.
  • fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'll give this a try! I love cauliflower!!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    How come the recipe says you can't move them too much? Do they become mushy? Or does the stick have a hard time staying in?
    Because they are baked and not fried, they do get kind of mushy.
    I put my cauliflower "chunks" on a plate and poured the sauce on top. It wasn't as pretty as in the picture but it tasted just fine.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

FUNNERFACT: Chicken wings come from chickens, who certainly do have wings.

lt+quot+You+Don+t+Say+quot+_67ec8059f5fea765515fd65a553b9cf0.jpg
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Looks good! I'll have to try it with chicken, as well as with cauliflower. I too love cauliflower substitutions. Sometimes it's just fun to try something different. I've never understood why people get so weird about food definitions....

I've said it before, we have the grammar police all over the internet, and on MFP, we have the food police.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @ushkiiwife We need to try this some weekend. it sounds good, coule do couple chicken too.

would anyone suggest how to *kitten* ckicken?
  • denali26
    denali26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yum! I would definitely try that.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ushkii wrote: »
    @ushkiiwife We need to try this some weekend. it sounds good, coule do couple chicken too.

would anyone suggest how to *kitten* ckicken?

*gigglesnort*
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I would try this as a glazed cauliflower recipe, but please don't call them wings!