Friends to gain weight with?

Options
I also posted this in the "Introduce Yourself" forum but thought I'd have better luck here!

Hi all! I'm a 24 yo female with a history of disordered eating, and I'm looking for a little support and encouragement, either from people in the same boat as myself or from people who are also looking to gain weight for any other reason! Hoping to hear back from someone (anyone!), and good luck to all of you, no matter what you're here for :)

Replies

• cedricfonville
    cedricfonville Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    27 year old male, always been a petite frame, looking to gain about 20 lbs myself! Good luck Legs180 on ur quest!
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    45 yo man, 6' 140.6lbs. Lost over 80lbs due to illness. On my way back. Good luck and stick with it!
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to wish everyone who is wanting to gain weight the best of luck. I know how tough it can be because I suffered from an eating disorder when I was younger. Wouldn't think it too look at me now, I need to lose weight. Again best of luck.
  • scottf4413
    scottf4413 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Hi, just wanted to wish everyone who is wanting to gain weight the best of luck. I know how tough it can be because I suffered from an eating disorder when I was younger. Wouldn't think it too look at me now, I need to lose weight. Again best of luck.

Thanks for the encouraging words!
  • Bockerz
    Bockerz Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    legs180 wrote: »
    I also posted this in the "Introduce Yourself" forum but thought I'd have better luck here!

Hi all! I'm a 24 yo female with a history of disordered eating, and I'm looking for a little support and encouragement, either from people in the same boat as myself or from people who are also looking to gain weight for any other reason! Hoping to hear back from someone (anyone!), and good luck to all of you, no matter what you're here for :)

I'm right behind you on that boat.

29 yo female that has always struggled to gain, then maintain. Feel free to add me, been on here less than a week and I already feel I'm improving, fingers crossed you will feel the same!
  • kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey !!! I'm looking to gain as well . I'm on a serious mission !
  • PatrickWegner
    PatrickWegner Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My personal goal is to gain 50 lbs. So far 22 lbs gained in the last 94 days. Last 3 years eating has been a mental challenge for me. Eating means I have stop what I'm doing which is usually working. I'm trying to get over viewing eating as a major waste of time. If i could take a pill and get all the nutrition as regular food i would've tried it unfortunately. The last 90 days have been a successful change of mindset. I like the challenge of figuring out why I was not eating right or working out at all and making the necessary changes to enhance self improvement. What ever your hangup is, it's up to you to change it. Don't look back unless its to review progress and see your personal growth.
  • CarolisMoraes
    CarolisMoraes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    16 yo female, same history of disordered eating, only younger, haha... I want to gain the weight I lost in the past few months, and maybe gain some more. It is quite a problem to take care of my body with so many things to do at school and so on, but I hope I can do it before my weight starts to be a real health problem.
  • lckoby
    lckoby Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. How's it going? We can help each other in this journey. Try to have a healthy breakfast. How can I help you?
  • borjeny2
    borjeny2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    started MFP to track my calorie requirements 4 weeks ago. I started at 135 and so far im at 138#. I bike regularly to increase my appetite but i lose about 700-2500kCAL depending on the distance that day. BUT MFP lets me how much mre i have left that day and try to catch up. Well good luck
  • emlou112
    emlou112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lckoby wrote: »
    Hi. How's it going? We can help each other in this journey. Try to have a healthy breakfast. How can I help you?

Hi, do you have any breakfast suggestions? I struggle to eat in the morning due to lack of apetite and time constraints.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not necessary if you don't have an appetite for it, but some ideas are:
    Ensure or other on-the-go shake
    full-fat Greek yogurt with fruit and granola
    Granola bar w/peanut butter)or other nut butter) and banana
    Breakfast tacos
    Oatmeal/hot cereal with protein powder and nut butter/nuts and fruit

You can always add a glass of juice or milk for extra calories and nutrition.
    It really doesn't matter, as long as you like it:)
  • peanutk81
    peanutk81 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    33 yr old female. Just had my second baby. Breastfeeding and lost too much weight. Always had weight issues and anorexia as a teen. Now 5 foot 7 and 100 pounds. Need a good 15-20. Trying to work hard at this goal for my sons. Needing support as well. Nice to meet you all!
    peanutk81 wrote: »
    33 yr old female. Just had my second baby. Breastfeeding and lotto much weight. Always had weight issues and anorexia as a teen. Now 5 foot 7 and 100 pounds. Need a good 15-20. Trying to work hard at this goal for my sons. Needing support as well. Nice to meet you all!

• legs180
    legs180 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow it's so nice to hear from all of you! This seems to be such a supportive community. Since I decided to start recovering on my own about a year ago, I've only managed to put on a consistent 10-12 lbs. I've never been in the average/healthy weight category for my height of 5'9", and even before my struggles with eating I was always naturally underweight, so I feel like my body is content with being 107 lbs. I, however, am not. I would like to be at least 120, which is heavier than I've ever been in my life so I don't fully know how to get there! I'm going through a period of stress at the moment too so unfortunately I've dropped a couple pounds. If only I was a stress eater!
  • nightwear
    nightwear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On board. 155lb at 5'10, 31yo male.
    Wanna gain 10-15. I workout too much and eat too bad at times. Terminal calorie deficit. I don't enjoy eating is my prob. Many love to eat. I do not. I see food only as fuel.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Leaning out at the moment coming off a clean bulk...but I am forever perusing gains.
  • lckoby
    Options
    emlou112 wrote: »
    lckoby wrote: »

Hi, do you have any breakfast suggestions? I struggle to eat in the morning due to lack of apetite and time constraints.

Hello!

I think breakfast is absolutely necessary! Try to get a lot of protein in. Eggs are great. I hardboil them at night (if time is a concern). I do lots of peanut butter on English Muffins. I try to do easy. Greek yogurt, love love oatmeal with walnuts and brown sugar plus craisins.

How are things going?
  • lckoby
    Options
    borjeny2 wrote: »
    started MFP to track my calorie requirements 4 weeks ago. I started at 135 and so far im at 138#. I bike regularly to increase my appetite but i lose about 700-2500kCAL depending on the distance that day. BUT MFP lets me how much mre i have left that day and try to catch up. Well good luck

• lckoby
    Options
    I'm glad the tracking is helping. It's helping me with new recipes I saw something with 2 eggs and a banana. Mix it up in a batter and cook them into small pancakes. Seems easy and good.
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I need help maintaining, and possibly gaining because I'm going through lots of problems with my husband and am probably headed for divorce. I am definitely not a stress eater. I lose my appetite. I lost 124 lbs here and now I'm down to below my recommended weight, but feel pretty good. Just really don't need to lose any more. I need help and encouragement to keep me from losing more, and the road to gaining if I do.