Is adding a shot of MIO or something similar OK?

Options
2»

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love all of the flavors except peach and peach tea.
  • Ambria0516
    Ambria0516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I add vodka to my water. Works for me.

LOL! Nothing wrong with a lil Vodka water :)
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I use Mio, I'm not dead, and I'm still losing weight. I could think of a lot worse to be adding to my water. :-)
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    I just copy/pasted the ingredient list - why wouldn't they just label it water? Regardless, My reasoning still stands.

Not questioning your reasoning. You're absolutely right to take your stand against artificial whatevers.

For me, there's so much "artificial" in my life that an ounce or 2 of mio a week is nothing.

As to the original question, there's nothing in mio that makes the water you put it in no longer water.
  • dltldisney
    dltldisney Posts: 9
    Options
    Propolyne Glycol is what they use in anti-freeze. It is also used in some food to keep them soft.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I think that it's up to you what your fitness goals are. My motto is everything in moderation. Some choose to eliminate all artificial sweeteners from their diet. At the end of the day, if the MIO is going to help you with your water intake -- go for it. I wouldn't overdo it though.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Propolyne Glycol is what they use in anti-freeze. It is also used in some food to keep them soft.

Not this again.....

It is used in NON-TOXIC antifreeze to make it NON-TOXIC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

It's used in a TON of stuff.
  • dltldisney
    dltldisney Posts: 9
    Options
    I still would not recommend it. Ultimately, it's still up to the individual.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer a shot of lemon or lime juice. They also make TRUE LEMON AND TRUE LIME packets ( crystallized) that add no sweeteners or calories- just some ZIP. ( BTW, they're also great in plain yogurt and cooking)