Water??

Options
this probably sounds silly but! How much water should I be drinking everyday?! I have a 14oz bottle I have been using. How many of these can I drink per day!?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You will get so many different answers for this. There is no set standard for how much water to drink.
    MY answer is to look at a chart like this urine-Colour-Chart-3.gif

Drink water accordingly.
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Take you weight and divide it by 2.....whatever that number is that's the minimum amount of ounces your body needs per day
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Enough to hydrate you, not enough that can kill you
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    you will find various schools of thought on this. for me, personally, I find that I function best when I drink half my body weight in ounces of water every day (more on days I workout).
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Google "hydration calculator" - you'll get lots of good sites/answers. :)
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    ^^^ This ~ As much as you can though... I drink a min of 64oz during 8-5 work day more if I get a workout in at night. Everyone is different so yes you will get many different answers to this.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yikes, mine is blue.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    You will get so many different answers for this. There is no set standard for how much water to drink.
    Amen! Lots of discussions, and there should be some discussion about how your water is spread throughout your waking hours (one gallon may do fine, but not for breakfast!)...

I kinda guide by pee color -- less of a count of 12oz bottles, I know (sorry), but more closely related to the intended function of the water and how your body is dealing with it (just a quick image from the intarwebz, it seems a little overly alarmist, but I "shoot" for 1 thru 3 myself):
    8414092_f520.jpg
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It depends. A lot of people only drink when they are thirsty. I usually drink water constantly. It helps out a little with my mindless munching. Makes me not do it so often.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    mzjenn2u wrote: »
    Take you weight and divide it by 2.....whatever that number is that's the minimum amount of ounces your body needs per day

That's interesting. Never thought of it that way.

Well the pee charts are excellent to go by, but it's pretty safe to stick with the 8 cups (64 ounces) a day guideline. It's not the gospel truth, but I always shoot for no less. Often I will double it, during warmer days particularly. I'm not always necessarily thirsty per se, but I'm just in the habit of drinking.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Get the aqua alert app.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    mzjenn2u wrote: »

That's interesting. Never thought of it that way.

Well the pee charts are excellent to go by, but it's pretty safe to stick with the 8 cups (64 ounces) a day guideline. It's not the gospel truth, but I always shoot for no less. Often I will double it, during warmer days particularly. I'm not always necessarily thirsty per se, but I'm just in the habit of drinking.

Nutritionist follow the divide by 2 drink whatever it is up there.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water doesn't "do" anything for weight loss. Plus you get fluid from everything you eat and drink. So just use the chart above, make sure you drink enough and you're good to go.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that people in tropical countries need more water and more salt. Here's the snopes article on the origin of the eight cups a day urban myth.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp