Greek Yogurt

Options
13»

Replies

• myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love the mexican dip idea! Can't wait to try for an easy dinner:)
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt,(16oz) plain, a box of sugar free cheesecake flavored jello pudding mix, mix completely let sit over night
    I use small 1 cup containers, I put a tablespoon of graham crackers in the bottom of the cup and then spoon the yogurt mixture in the cup and add fruit topping. It is like having cheese cake without the guilt. I have even used the large container (32oz) and 2 boxes of pudding mix with a graham cracker crust and made a pie. It is YUMMY!!!
    Put it in your recipe builder depending on how big a container you use and how many servings you get out of it to calculate your calories. It is between 100-150 for a small container.
    One of my go to snacks.
  • ReynaDay01
    ReynaDay01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I usually add some fruit and granola to it or use it in smoothies. You could make a parfait with it too. Add some yogurt to a bowl or cup, sprinkle on some partially frozen berries, add more yogurt, top with granola or a similar cereal. You can make these super pretty, and they are really easy too.

You can buy lots of different flavors that come with fruit or honey to top it too.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I usually have Greek yogurt for breakfast or a snack. I add a little honey, fresh fruit, and granola for breakfast. You can also try a little maple syrup, cinnamon, or vanilla; or any combination. I do try to stay away from the flavored yogurts as they have too much sugar for me. You can find many recipes that use Greek yogurt as well. I alike to make parfaits with Greek yogurt, fruit, nuts and/or granola. Chopped up apple, berries, bananas, or any other fruit you like or a combination of fruits. You can package them in small canning jars and they are ready to go for breakfast or a snack.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I eat the blended and fruit on bottom stuff - 2%. I prefer Chobani. I just don't like the plain stuff. And I don't care about my sugar levels so it's all good.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you can find a Greek deli, they make the BEST yogurt. It tastes almost like cream cheese as opposed to what is sold in the stores. I get mine 2 hours away - I have a friend who lives in that city and brings it every few weeks.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Try it in smoothies, with fruit or granola and a sprinkle of honey, or as a substitute for some of the fat in your favorite muffin recipe.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I add vanilla protein powder to it (added bonus - more protein!) and some frozen fruit like blueberries or strawberries.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try greek yogurt with 1tbsp of olive oil, garlic and cucumber? It's a mediterranean recipe.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with a couple of tsp of any instant coffee drink mix (the rectangular cans in the coffee aisle of groceries) - I use the sugar free versions. It's a starvin' student recipe :)
  • bulgeisgod
    bulgeisgod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    250g of 0 fat greek yoghurt with 30g Gold Standard whey and 25g peanut butter
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Banana, honey and walnuts <3 I sometimes mix it with a sugar free flavored yoghurt too.
  • JillianRN527
    JillianRN527 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I get the vanilla and add PB2 and cinn powder and use it to dip my apples in!
  • mtpage04
    mtpage04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to use plain greek yogurt and add vanilla and either stevia or splenda to sweeten. Both to taste. Keeps the protein high and the sugar low.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    star1407 wrote: »
    I do 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk and 2 tbsp chia seeds. Leave it overnight and then in the morning add whatever fruit you like. So freaking yummy

Could I swap the chia seeds for oats? How much would I ️add?

I use 1/3 cup oats or 2 tablespoons chia seeds or a combination of both. Instead of Greek yogurt and milk I have used non-fat plain yogurt. Either way.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's an original recipe that I eat as an appetizer on crackers.

1/3 cup beets in juice (I use the ones from our local farmer's market). Add 2 teaspoons chia seeds, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger. Let it absorb overnight. This has an explosion of unusual flavours, and might be an acquired taste. It comes out bright a bright fuchsia color.
  • narellealkemade
    narellealkemade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whats the benefits of Greek yogurts new to all this
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm experimenting with creating a sort of chocolate pudding. I've done 140g (about 1/2 cup) 2% plain greek yogurt (I like Liberte, but I don't think this is available outside of Canada. When I was in the US, Chobani seemed similar?), about a tablespoon of cocoa (10g), a tablespoon of honey (21g), a small dash of salt and vanilla, and some stevia for additional sweetness (or more honey, I'm just trying to keep the calories down). It tastes like a chocolate pudding cup except for the slightly sour yogurt-y aftertaste. Trying to fix that.

It's not a low-cal alternative to pudding (this came in at 180 cal), but since I like to eat greek yogurt for breakfast anyway, I like it. I'll keep experimenting to try to get rid of the slightly sour yogurt taste.

I also like to do a PB2 & J greek yogurt: 140g plain greek yogurt, 10g PB2, 1-2 tbsp of jam. Stir it all together.