where is the best place to go out to eat?!?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Wherever. I just check the menu before we go and find something that works for my day. We eat out pretty frequently.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    My problem is that I can't stand most chain restaurants. Any time I go to one I'm disappointed and reminded that me or my boyfriend could make a much tastier meal for less money. So when it comes to local restaurants, they usually don't have the nutrition facts on their websites. Have to do a lot of guess work. But at least I'm paying for good food!

The same for me. Thai restaurants I've generally always enjoyed, but I could imagine the calorie count. I've made thai at home for reasonable cut in the calories, but to make it taste as good as the restaurant's I would need more of the good stuff that raises the calories. Peanut sauce, mmmm I could drink the stuff!
  • tomofnj
    tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Farm and Table is one of our favorites and is situated on an actual farm and that is where most of the food comes from.

That sounds amazingly cool, we have nothing near us like that.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have small kids. Takeout is common but going out is an occasion. So we make it count - the best places around here are not chains. It is likely that the nicest options for you aren't a Boston Pizza, Keg or a Red Lobster.

One of our neighbours has a great restaurant. Best steak and frites I've ever had. I simply go light on breakfast and lunch on those days. Other great local options are a sushi restaurant (simply get the sashimi, less rice calories if they make you worried. Miso soup is almost a freebie), thai and lebanese food (go low on the bread, rice and potatoes. The chicken used is breast in my local option).
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed eating at On the Border, a Mexican restaurant. It has great fish tacos, a dish called taco melts, and creamy guacamole. The restaurant itself has great ambiance.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I haven't eaten at mcalisters deli since I started MFP. I love their food. We were there yesterday and their web site makes logging super simple and there are plenty of options under 500 calories. It's just hard for me to say no to the sweet tea, but sweet tea is one of those things that just isn't worth the calories to me. If you have a mcalisters in your area you should try it out!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory, hands down.

Rigger
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Seasons 52 is nice. Seasonal dishes, calories kept under 500 calories per plate.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Holy guacamole
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    My problem is that I can't stand most chain restaurants. Any time I go to one I'm disappointed and reminded that me or my boyfriend could make a much tastier meal for less money. So when it comes to local restaurants, they usually don't have the nutrition facts on their websites. Have to do a lot of guess work. But at least I'm paying for good food!

The same for me. Thai restaurants I've generally always enjoyed, but I could imagine the calorie count. I've made thai at home for reasonable cut in the calories, but to make it taste as good as the restaurant's I would need more of the good stuff that raises the calories. Peanut sauce, mmmm I could drink the stuff!

Ugh I LOVE my old Thai place back home, but since I've moved to Louisiana I haven't found anything remotely close. In fact, a couple of the restaurants I tried were just down right nasty. I really miss Thai food! Thinking about trying to make it.
    We've mastered Vietnamese spring rolls and my boyfriend makes the best peanut sauce I've ever had, so at least we got that down!
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Wagamama has some low-calorie options (e.g. The Mixed Sushi selection = 346 calories and the Ramen Grilled Fish = 478 calories) but check it out before you go as some of the ones you think would be low, aren't! (all their nutrition info is on their website)