stay on track

Options
Any tips on how to stay on track?

Replies

• fallenoaks4
    fallenoaks4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Log. No matter how bad it is, log it. Every day.
  • emmasimonds1
    emmasimonds1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Log. No matter how bad it is, log it. Every day.

Okay i will try, thanks so much
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Patience. I saw a quote from Tony Horton about why people stop exercising. He attributed it to people wanting to see immediate results. His response was that he made the P90X programs 90 days. Wait for the 90 days. Same goes with MFP. If you set your goal at 1 lb/week, be happy with that. Some weeks will be bad, others will be good. We didn't gain all this weight in a week, we're not going to lose it all in a week.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    commit to the reason you came here in the first place. it isn't to lose weight... it's to finds that person in the mirror you know is there... the person you wanted to grow up and become...forget the disappointment and self loathing.. forgive yourself for what got you here.. THE only thing that is important is here... NOW... and YOU are making strides to find that person... don't stop and don't look back.. just keep pushing forward. remove "try" from your vocabulary.. replace it with "I WILL..."
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've recently fallen off track too! I was doing a Wellness Challenge with my gym where we weighed in every 2 weeks. As silly as it sounds, weighing in in front of someone else made we want to me more accountable because I didn't want to "disappoint" them by not staying on track and thusly be thought of as not taking the Challenge seriously.

Maybe making you're own "challenge" with a friend or even just having a friend weigh you in will give that extra push needed. I've talked with some girls at my gym about doing this so we can help keep eachother accountable.