Options
    i love this book called "the choice" by nicholas sparks

All things by Nicholas Sparks.
    Diane Palmer is good.
    he is one of my all time faves!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i will second the recommendations of karen marie moning and kresley cole! (i've read books by both authors, and actually just finished the 6th book in the immortals after dark series by kresley cole, for the 3rd time)... her series "if you dare/desire/deceive" books about 3 cursed brothers is really good too!

hi, my name is mandy, and i have a book addiction. i am not to be left unsupervised in barnes & noble with my credit card.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    hi, my name is mandy, and i have a book addiction. i am not to be left unsupervised in barnes & noble with my credit card.

This is totally me as well!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    let me just toss out a couple other authors that i've found great enjoyment in reading, more romantic comedy, than action.

jennifer crusie - she's modern, real people, and totally hilarious.

lynsay sands - the argeneau series. they are like modern time, comedic vampires.

karrelyn sparks - also more modern, comedic vampires.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    can't believe no one has mentioned the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon....best book ever!!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I looove books by Lisa Kleypass. She has several series that kind of link together and I LOVED them! She does mostly historical romance.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i own a book review/beta reading company. i agree with all the recommendations so far.

other authors i love:
    lori devoti
    j.r. ward
    jessica andersen
    caris roane
    susan donovan
    cheyenne mccray
    donna grant
    lesley langtry
    charlotte hughes
    larissa ione
    ava gray
    lynn kurland

i read a book a day, so let me know if you want a list of more authors to find or a list of titles for the authors listed. :)
    dawn
  • c_ramey
    c_ramey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love all Romance books!! I just finished "That Perfect Someone" by Johanna Lindsey. It was great! When I get on a book kick, I can read up to 6 in a weekend. Love to read!!
  • smartmama4
    smartmama4 Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for all the books! You all are so helpful! Usually when I have posted on other sites, I seem to get over looked. :(
    Not by you guys though! Thanks! I have lots to choose from now :) you all made me very happy today! THANKS!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    can't believe no one has mentioned the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon....best book ever!!

Sounds like a western, I'll have to check it out on Amazon.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Karen Marie Moning wrote a highlander series and fever series, both were excellent! :blushing:

THIS!!
    And anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon!!
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options

Was gonna mention this one!! I agree... easily the best romance book I've read to date!! You WILL NOT be disapointed!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

My wife loved that series...it is also a good hunk of reading as each book in the series is huge (if you like to sit down to a nice long series). She is bugging me to read it...
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the loop for a while so these are great suggestions! My favorites are Julie Garwood and Nora Roberts.
  • pangestartingover
    Options
    My current favorite series is the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. I'm so in love with the Brothers. LOL (Oh Zsadist, let me count the ways I adore you...)

I also recommend the Bridal series by Nora Roberts and the Morrigan's Cross series. There's another trilogy by her, I think it's called the Circle Trilogy, but I couldn't swear to it right now. It's about 3 friends and a curse that visits their town every 7 years.

Anyway, I hope that helps. =)
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options

My wife loved that series...it is also a good hunk of reading as each book in the series is huge (if you like to sit down to a nice long series). She is bugging me to read it...

i actually convinced my husband to read the first one in the series and he also liked it. :love:
  • klross
    klross Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Do you want "steamy" romance? Try Kressley Cole "Immortals After Dark" series. My assistant told me about them, i've read all 9 of them and they are a lot of fun!!!!

by steamy romance do you mean the type of book you read and constantly look over your shoulder to see if any one else sees what you are reading?
    [/quote

Yes, that's what I mean! They are paranormal romance, really fun premise. An escape from reality! Try the first on, A Hunger Like No Other, you'll be hooked.]
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Do you want "steamy" romance? Try Kressley Cole "Immortals After Dark" series. My assistant told me about them, i've read all 9 of them and they are a lot of fun!!!!

I SECOND THIS AUTHOR!

I read Kresley Cole's Pleasure of a Dark Prince and was floored. HAha...husband appreciated me reading it too....:wink::love: He use to make fun of me for reading these books but then when he realized all the ideas that got in my head...um yeah, he's not making jokes anymore! bwahaha.

I've never heard of "Outlander"....so I'll have to look into those....
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Yep...just ordered the Black Dagger Brotherhood box set.....oh boy, the rest of May is going to be fun!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yep...just ordered the Black Dagger Brotherhood box set.....oh boy, the rest of May is going to be fun!

LOL, I read the first book to that. They have some crazy names; Wrath, Zsadist, Phury...gotta love it.