BYOBers Check In

Options

Replies

• Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YARGH that's not my photo! This happened yesterday, someone else's pic showing up as me! I then changed my photo and now it's happening again?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Christ, and I only brought a tuna casserole.
  • tracyjackson559
    tracyjackson559 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm kind of new on Mfp, this thread caught my eye... Something about booze? It's been somewhat lonely trying to cut back on the beer calories :/

• tracyjackson559
    tracyjackson559 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah this thread caught my eye too. For me, it is cutting out my beer that is the rough part :-(
  • RickR054
    RickR054 Posts: 3,955 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BYOBers
  • heidi61
    heidi61 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Rick!
  • AuntThelma
    AuntThelma Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Morning Rick, Heidi and everyone. Well, here we are!
  • AuntThelma
    Options
    Yes, the booze is the toughest thing to quit. And someday, I'm going to really try hard!
  • RickR054
    RickR054 Posts: 3,955 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Heidi Ho Ho Ho and AT
  • adkatie
    adkatie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Call me dumb....I give you permission; but BYOB? What does that mean? I am guessing - Bring your own booze? - but I am just guessing from the posts.....

Wine and beer here........hell, if I didn't have them I wouldn't make my calories!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I am assuming this thread is full of refugees from the Nutrisystem forums. Is that correct?
  • sonnybgirl
    sonnybgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was never a BYOBer, but am a fellow NS refugee. Nice to see some familiar faces!
  • AuntThelma
    Options
    adkatie wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Katie!

Yep, NS refugees. All are welcome to post here. Weird how they are kicking us out, eh?
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain, please???
  • sonnybgirl
    sonnybgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    AuntThelma wrote: »
    adkatie wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Yep, NS refugees. All are welcome to post here. Weird how they are kicking us out, eh?

It was nice to get some notice, so we could get an idea of where everyone was going before the actual boot happens!

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    Can someone explain, please???

@dufus12 It's definitely confusing with so little explanation in the OP. Here's the best that I can figure out from watching the boards lately. There is a diet system out there called Nutrisystem (often abbreviated as NS). They had message boards similar to the message boards here at MFP, except that they seem to have had cliques or groups or school houses of some kind. BYOB seems to have been one of those houses (I like to think of them as the Hufflepuffs, myself, since I have no context at all here). Those Nutrisystem (NS) boards are closing down and many of the posters are coming here and setting up their houses so that they can still talk to their friends. And thus this topic was created! Now, hopefully one of the BYOBers can fill in whatever holes or misinformation I've included in my post :drinker:

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    It's never a party unless you have bourbon! That's my drink because little to no calories depending on the brand. :)

Bourbon has calories, just like other liquors.
    Bourbon, like other 80-proof spirits, contains an average of 97 calories per 1.5-ounce shot, according to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

Again, depending on the brand. The brand I drink only has about 15 calories per ounce.

That is some pretty watered down bourbon since only being 15 kcals per oz would make it slightly less than 10% abv.

What is the brand name? Can I buy it in Canada? Oh I'm bringing my bottle of screech btw :wink:
  • AuntThelma
    Options
    Dianne, that's about the size of it. Lots of NS users just found this board and will be making themselves at home here.
  • Donkey999
    Donkey999 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Howdy gang! Just a quick pop in to check out the new digs!
    Happy Saturday!
    Annie