Earrings in middle age men ?

Options
DeeTee68
DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
I had a earring form 14 year old to 26 year old then I got a job were you couldn't wear them. so I took them out and never thought about it again. Now at 47 I really fancy getting a small stud or hoop in my left ear.

Your thoughts please am I too old ?

GO

Replies

• therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    You should do what makes you happy!

But, I have to say...I don't really fancy that look..but it has nothing to do with age.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Ultimately it is your life to live and it shouldn't be swayed by bias opinions of societal norms, loved ones, or strangers on MFP (including me). If you enjoyed having one and are in a place to get one again go for it.

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i got 2 in my left ear. I've had them since I was 18. I am now 40. I have taken them out for interviews. But put them in for work. No one has ever told me I cannot wear them. And, honestly, a lot of people don't even notice even though they are silver hoops.

They don't matter a whole lot to me anymore, but I keep them in because my wife has always like them, and she matters to me a whole lot.
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Earrings in men isn't my thing but you gotta do you.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you like it, more power to you. But it also is 20 years later. It won't make you look 26 again. What is the motivation for wanting it again? Just cause? Then why not!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Age is kinda funny like this. I say do it if you want.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Wear it. At work, follow your dress code.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    If you want it, get it. I barely notice 'em, personally. I might notice if there was a switch one way or the other, but in general, that's not really what I'm looking at, other than as an identifier.

Then again, I've been wearing the same earrings for the last 20 years... I'm thinking maybe it's time to get new beads...
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it go ahead! Who cares what anyone else thinks!
  • simplysimple_
    simplysimple_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stretch your ears!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I don't really like men with earrings but like everyone else said it really only matters what you like.
  • DeeTee68
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jaqcan wrote: »
    If you like it, more power to you. But it also is 20 years later. It won't make you look 26 again. What is the motivation for wanting it again? Just cause? Then why not!

Nowt to do with looking 26 again I was a horrible fat nasty Prick then so don't want to go there. I just want a earring again don't know why ? perhaps its the bottle of wine ive just consumed clouding my judgement lol or just realising how boring my face is. Its either that or a goatee ;)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't get a big old pirate looking hoop (especially with the shaved head look ;) but I don't think 47 is too old for an earing. My dad wears his sometimes and he is almost 60
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Stretch your ears!

Why do your fingers look so big?
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I say do what makes you happy. I personally like men in earring(s) at any age... but I will say this, not everyone can rock that style - so whatever you decide to do "own it" otherwise you're just a wannbe.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Do it! It's not like you can't take it out. I plan on getting a few more here soon. :smile:
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I used to have one on my upper left ear back in college like 10 years ago. But I also had blonde highlights and thought that was cool at the time. Either way, I think you could totally pull off a stud earing, I say go for it...ESPECIALLY after you've had a couple glasses of wine that's the best time to act lol
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    I love you people, wish you were my real friends, Hey I might get two piercings in one ear what a rebel :D
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    cdlee05 wrote: »
    I say go for it...ESPECIALLY after you've had a couple glasses of wine that's the best time to act lol

I'm obviously not a guy but I got my cartilage pierced with a safety pin (sterilized with vodka) when I was totally drunk...

• JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You're never too old to accessorize!! *Snaps fingers*