Options
Hi I'm trying this because up til now nothing else has worked. I'm a single 44 yrs young. I've been battling with thyroid disease for 13 years. Frustrated because as I get older I tack on new and annoying symptoms that are slowing me down. I push myself to stay active in spite of insuring some type of physical pain EVERYDAY. I'm not a quitter. Excited to me you all! :)

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Go get this!
  • MandareenDream
    MandareenDream Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherman! I LOVE your positive attitude despite your challenges. The important thing to remember is we all have major obstacles to get over whether it's physical or emotional! What i learned is when losing weight we also have to work on personal development too. I couldn't lose a freaking thing when I wasn't working on my emotional issues. I don't want to make this post about me. So if you wanna talk I hear for you!
  • shermangc2014
    shermangc2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I try to stay positive some days as I'm sure you know are are then others but it's just not in my character to quit especially on me ;)
  • shermangc2014
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP! Go get this!

;)
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes, congestive heart failure, and thyroid disease, and I've lost over 100 pounds the last four years. No fads, just eating better and exercise. It's not easy, and it is hard work. But you can do it!!!
  • shermangc2014
    Options
    Thanks. Its very challenging when your body and mind don't work together. Continued sucrose to you!