Couch 2 5k

Options
2»

Replies

• tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up! I have a feeling I will definitely be doing some days over but it will get done and get easier
  • CatherineD9889
    CatherineD9889 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Starting the program today! Super excited! Wish me luck! Supporters welcome!
  • Ljpage95
    Ljpage95 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Zombie 5k app and love love love it. It puts you in the middle of a zombie story, almost like a book on CD, and I have gone from not running at all to running 30 noncontinuace minutes in an hour long training. Totally worth the money ($.99, or $1.99?).
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good luck you can do it!

Thanks!

I completed this week of 5:00min jog/90 sec. walk without an issue, so my big trial comes next week on Thursday with the long run. If you see me on the forums after April 30th, just assume the worst. lol
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm using Zombie,Run!5k (a C25K app). I recently started week 6. However, it's not technically week 6 for me. I don't always do it 3 times a week and I've repeated a few weeks (if I have to take a week off because I'm sick or something, I repeat the previous week). I repeated week 5 just because I was scared to start week 6 (needless to say the description for week 6 says there is a 12 min run...but come to find out there isn't >.< I was scared for nothing).
    However, I've gone from being able to run for 1 min straight to 7-10 mins straight. I say 7-10, because I did 7 minutes my last workout and I think I could actually go for a full 10 mins.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I made it through week 6 in the regular couch to 5k, following the site guides and used a podcast to create playlists for the interval walk/jogs using audacity and iTunes. I certainly didn't think a couple of months ago, or even well 2-3 weeks ago that I could slow jog 22 minutes, but I did that today. Next week I will be doing very slow jogs for 25 minutes as part of week 7.

It has been useful and I'm looking forward to the fun run I've signed up for that is on June 15th.
  • CatherineD9889
    CatherineD9889 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    I made it through week 6 in the regular couch to 5k, following the site guides and used a podcast to create playlists for the interval walk/jogs using audacity and iTunes. I certainly didn't think a couple of months ago, or even well 2-3 weeks ago that I could slow jog 22 minutes, but I did that today. Next week I will be doing very slow jogs for 25 minutes as part of week 7.

It has been useful and I'm looking forward to the fun run I've signed up for that is on June 15th.

That's fantastic!!!! You inspire me to keep going!!!