Please help! Not losing any weight and becoming very discouraged..

Options
Okay, so I am in need of some dire help. I have not been losing any weight- in fact, since I have begun, it seems to fluctuate higher and then lower again. But never under 134.
Current stats:
Height: 5'1''
Weight: 134 (as of this morning).
Someone want to help me- look at my diary, give me some pointers with my exercise and diet.
I know this is the same thing others have asked off all of you- but it seems like I am really struggling just to stay the same.
I'd like to loose 15-20 pounds. I am not in a rush, but it would be nice to see some results...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You need to get a food scale. Most of your entries are in cups. Only liquids should be measured in cups.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You need to get a food scale. Most of your entries are in cups. Only liquids should be measured in cups.

My same thought. Also, your protein is very low, which won't hinder weight loss but it will cause muscle loss.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Hi there...

Echoing the food scale...I also peeked and noticed more than one or two "quick add calories" - (heh heh, I did that myself yesterday, lol) Anyway - it's possible that you underestimated on them...and what about your exercise...is it possible that you've overestimated on some of your calorie burns?

I always take about half of whatever it is that MFP or the app or the machine says I burned. Sometimes less (I once got 300+ calories for BOWLING, seriously...I just logged it to see what it would come up with, lol...I would have given myself MAYBE 50 calories for that! LOL)

Hang in there - tighten up the accuracy on your diary, and beware of the number of calories you "burn."
  • Stewie622
    Stewie622 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have a heart rate monitor that I use to figure out how many calories I actually burn during exercise, but I will be going out to get a food scale tomorrow. Because if you all recommend it, I may as well give it a shot. Also, I am not a huge meat eater- any suggestions on other sources of protein?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Stewie622 wrote: »
    Thank you! I have a heart rate monitor that I use to figure out how many calories I actually burn during exercise, but I will be going out to get a food scale tomorrow. Because if you all recommend it, I may as well give it a shot. Also, I am not a huge meat eater- any suggestions on other sources of protein?

Do you eat dairy? A lot of my protein comes from Greek yogurt and cheese. Also eggs.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yup, what everyone else said. The usual culprits are overestimated exercise burns and underestimated caloric intake. I would also suggest you use a food scale and eat back around half of your exercise calories. Also, I assume from your diary that you're a vegetarian: I notice you're not getting a lot of protein. Maybe consider introducing more protein sources to your meals, like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese (I noticed you do eat dairy). I'm not sure how you feel out eggs, but they're good for protein also, especially supplemented with egg whites. Beans are also great.

Accurate logging and patience will pay off!

Edit: oops, this was already covered. Apparently I need to type faster.
  • Stewie622
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    Yup, what everyone else said. The usual culprits are overestimated exercise burns and underestimated caloric intake. I would also suggest you use a food scale and eat back around half of your exercise calories. Also, I assume from your diary that you're a vegetarian: I notice you're not getting a lot of protein. Maybe consider introducing more protein sources to your meals, like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese (I noticed you do eat dairy). I'm not sure how you feel out eggs, but they're good for protein also, especially supplemented with egg whites.

Accurate logging and patience will pay off!

Thanks! I try to eat Greek Yogurt when I am able. I haven't really had cottage cheese before, but I may give it a shot. As for eggs- I have always been a fan of egg beaters over eggs.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Beans, lentils, peas, potatoes, asparagus, hemp hearts - basically Google vegan protein, and you'll get a large list
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There's a lot you can do with Greek yogurt, I'm such a big fan (you can do a google search for ideas). Egg beaters work too if you prefer them, it has lots of protein also. Finally, don't get discouraged. My weight was all over the place for a good month and a half, but then eventually a downward trend developed. Good luck :smile:
  • Stewie622
    Options
    Thank you so much for the words of advice. I am most definitely getting a food scale tomorrow and being much more accurate with my food diary :smiley:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Make sure it's a digital food scale that can do grams and ounces. The old fashioned balance scales are OK for measuring out full ounces but grams is what I use most of the time....plus they may need to be calibrated. Go for a digital!

You might want one with a broad enough base so you can just weigh right into the bowl you're going to eat out of. :)