Postpartum Mommies

Options
Hi ya'll! Just wanted to create a group of there were any postpartum moms out there who were struggling to lose their baby weight. I have 50+ pounds to lose ever since giving birth 3 months ago, and would love to hear your stories and struggles as well. It's been so tough adjusting to my bigger body, as well as a blow on the self-esteem, but I'm working brought it. Hoping to lose 50 lbs within a decent amount of time!

Replies

• jtralongo1
    jtralongo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gave birth 6 weeks ago to my seecond and need to loose about 30lbs. Are you able to breastfeed? I'm working out whenever I can. Just this week I started doing 100 squats a day, lifting light weights, and then if my kids sleep I do Jillian michaels 30 day fix (it's free on youtube) ..if the weather allows and my children I do as well I take a half hour brisk walk with a stroller or jog. I've cut my caloric intake down to 1700 and cut out dairy and pasta/bread. I need someone to help keep me motivated
  • borisiempre
    borisiempre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I just had a baby 6 months ago and have been trying to get myself motivated to eat healthy. I am still breastfeeding and this has helped me lose weight a lot, but I know I should be eating healthier and working out just for my own good health. Thanks for the tips so far, especially the free Jillian Michaels workout on youtube, I love her. Looking forward to supporting each other through this process. I have gone to pinterest and have found many great ideas for meal planning, healthy eating, etc. Maybe this could help you all as well. We can do it! HECK IF WE JUST GAVE BIRTH WE CAN DO AND GO THROUGH ANYTHING! GO MOMMIES!
  • jpeloquin14
    jpeloquin14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! First time mom for 6 months now. I lost weight quickly at first - and then I started gaining weight. I'm having trouble finding time to get a fitness routine going. When do you all work out? I get up at 5 as it is - bed around 11. I work full time in an office so mobilitiy is limited. Baby is awake more and more on days I am home. Any tips?
  • taracarroll0406
    taracarroll0406 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i'm a mum of a 15 month old, dropped most of the baby weight but struggling with the last half stone, i think its so much harder when u have a smallie, just dont have the time, or motivation at the end of the day. Glad there's a mummy group (even if i am a little past the "post partum" stage)
  • cbaby1103
    cbaby1103 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 month old! I was put on complete bed rest throughout my entire pregnancy and gained so much weight from having to be so inactive! I had a cesarean so was unable to workout for a while afterwards! I finally started to feel good and getting workout when I started to get sick! Now I have been battling with a bunch of medical issues that make it hard for me to work out! I'm hoping to find some motivation and strength to get over this hurdle and start eating healthy and losing weight! Good luck to you all!!
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...I'm a first time mommy with a 5 month old..had an emergency c section and a lot of trauma done to my body.im finally getting motivated to workout it's really hard to eat 1500 call a day I'M ALWAYS STARVING ....friend me if you like I can always use support
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to my second daughter in December I gained a lot of weight after due to been in the hospital with the little one the first month but I started to get serious almost a month ago and so far so good! I have dropped all if my second child's baby weight now on to drop down to before kids! x8n8br9bg2mb.jpg
    k653drtpku44.jpg
  • jpeloquin14
    jpeloquin14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job Tiff! Your progress looks awesome! A total inspiration for me so thanks! What has been your workout routine to drop all that weight so quickly?
  • LadyVaga
    LadyVaga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Is it ok if I gave birth 2 years ago? I want to lose 1 stone and go back to my pre pregnancy weight (and hopefully shape!)
  • LadyVaga
    LadyVaga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...I'm a first time mommy with a 5 month old..had an emergency c section and a lot of trauma done to my body.im finally getting motivated to workout it's really hard to eat 1500 call a day I'M ALWAYS STARVING ....friend me if you like I can always use support
    Hi, you can do it, thanks to me being short, I am only supposed to eat 1200 calories per day! I am eating sweet things such as apples, carrots, etc. (1 each as a snack) and half a cucumber (peeled) before I have lunch. I am chewing slowly (hard to do with a child), and I am not feeling hungry. Saying that, if you are breastfeeding, try to drink a lot of water. Good luck!

• psychenike
    psychenike Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating this group! I am a new mom and am just thrilled with my little one, but less thrilled with my weight gain during pregnancy. I've lost 31lbs so far, and have 52 left to go. Please feel free to friend me if you want to work together to reach our goals. We can do it!!!
  • BriBerb
    BriBerb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When did you new moms start working out? I'm 4 weeks postpartum and my ob told me no exercise for 6 weeks... But I started going to the gym last week. I can not just sit around for 6 weeks. Nothing extreme just some walking and light weights. I used to love my body... But with summer here and travels coming up, I'm feeling a little less hot than normal.
  • Heulitt26
    Heulitt26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a young mom of 2 - my daughter just turned 2 & my son is 3 months next week!!I was cleared to work out early with my son after just 2 weeks postpartum so for the last 10 weeks I have been going after exercise and have gone from 189 to 165 so far! I am only 5 lbs away from my prebaby weight and continuing to lose after to get to where I want to be. I'm 5'8" and used to my muscles so i definitely want them back!

I'm eating about 1700 cals a day, working out 7 days a week and breastfeeding my little man with a full supply and still losing weight! If anyone needs help please ask!!! I love to help other mamas out!
    BriBerb wrote: »
    When did you new moms start working out? I'm 4 weeks postpartum and my ob told me no exercise for 6 weeks... But I started going to the gym last week. I can not just sit around for 6 weeks. Nothing extreme just some walking and light weights. I used to love my body... But with summer here and travels coming up, I'm feeling a little less hot than normal.

When I first had my daughter it was a nightmare to see myself in the mirror and think that I would never be the same way again, but the fact of the matter is accepting you WILL NOT be the same or have the same body but you are BETTER now. Your body has been through an amazing miracle and once I accepted that I really started seeing myself a different way - and soon it'll be comfortable. I am planning to make a new path/plan for my mama bod - like a hot one! Just don't give up and you will get there! Good luck mamas!

• scorl
    scorl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    HI! I've used MFP in the past but its been a long time. I just had my 3rd baby! (all boys :smile: ) and I'm 5 weeks pp. Gained 30 this pregnancy and lost 17 without doing much. Now I'm determined to have my body back! I am nursing and crazyyyyy hungry. Have not been cleared to work out but I have been walking (not consistently though) and starting to use MFP to track calories. I also chase around 4 and 2 yr old. Busy busy busy.

Need help figuring out weight loss for me!