Jazzercise

Options
I recently joined Jazzercise and I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm a running and kickboxing type of girl. I'm interested in anyone's experience, tips, and results.

Replies

• ghartleroad1
    ghartleroad1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My BFF swears by Jazzercise. She's on MFP under kicki22.
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would love to try Jazzercise! has always sounded like so much fun to me!!! :) I wonder if they have a free trial class you could take?
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've never done it...is it similar to Zumba?
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I did Jazzercise for almost 15 years but had to stop due to a stress injury many years ago. Not sure if they've changed their format but when I left it is essentially a dance routine set to a top 40 song. Each song is a different routine so the learning curve at first can be steep, but once you know the basics it becomes a sweaty good time and a damn good work out.

About 5 years before I left they had also incorporated circuit training that included use of resistance bands and some light weights. I really enjoyed those classes too.

I say find some form of exercise that you love and you'll be much more likely to stick with it.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    anrebma wrote: »
    I would love to try Jazzercise! has always sounded like so much fun to me!!! :) I wonder if they have a free trial class you could take?

Go to your local Jazzercise venue and ask. When I was still doing it they often gave a free trial period to new members.

• canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I used to love Jazzercise! I went with my mom when I was a teenager. Of course that was YEARS ago, I'm sure it's changed a bit since then. I say do what you like!