Gobbling everything up

Options
kje2011
kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
Oh dear, I am in need of some help. I just want to eat everything up. Sweet chocolate, salty stuff ..calories etc. Mostly in the evening. I never use to, now that I am closer to my goal weight - I seem to think that I can cheat more - and then I just cannot stop at one piece of chocolate.
what should I do...

Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Like you said, you are so close. If it helps keep the cheat stuff out of the house. Snack on some fruit:happy:
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    *bump* you are exactly where i am too!!!! interested in hearing from the pros!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have a lot of "friends" on here, when I post something I never get a response. It's kind of discouraging.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How about a reset button? Can you remember some tricks you did at the beginning to stay on track? This will be important as you go into maintenance, as well.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    1. Don't have ANYTHING like that in the house (tough for everyone else they shouldn't be eating it either
    2. Eat more in the afternoon to fill yourself up?!?!
    3. I read on here about eating fruit with a FEW choc chips in it - not too many calories
    4. Go to bed early
    5.More Water
    6. More exercise
    7.Don't know any more -
    GOOD LUCK!!
  • alittle99
    alittle99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Take it from me, it is NOT worth it!! I was at my goal weight for approximately two years, and then I hit the stage that I believe you are at now; I think I can cheat more than I can because I had lost so much weight and felt great! Low and behold, about 4 months later I gained all my weight back PLUS some, practically overnight! I don't even know what happened, but the weight came back on with a vengeance, and practically without me knowing.

Moral of the story- cut yourself off now if you can before it's too late! I'd try the "reset" button thing someone said earlier, or just allow yourself one cheat day! If you're doing it in the evenings, it might be a sign you're not eating enough during the day... so I'd try to maybe incorporate one more healthy snack in earlier in the day and see if that helps. Otherwise, when you get a craving just take a deep breath, think about how far you've come and how bummed you'd be to undo it, and chug some water!! :smile:
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    I am just starting out so dont know much but I am currently a night time eater. love snacking... Someone told me it might help to pick a chocolate that u normally dont like. if u like milk choc then get a really strong dark choc.. if craving salt find a salty food u would not normally eat and force urself to have it... trick urself by giving in but not in a way that makes u happy ... GL finishing towardsw ur goal
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My first response to these type of posts is to say, make sure you are eating a big enough breakfast. But it looks like you are already doing a pretty good job on that front :)

My 2nd thought would be are you eating enough calories? What type of deficit to you have built into MFP Goals? 2lbs per week, less, more?

3rd thought is, snack more often through out the day on healthy snacks. Take the edge off the hunger before it gets to the point where it is hard to control what you eat.

Final thought, I do this all the time...look at your before and after pics. Do you want to undo all that hard work?