TRYING TO LOSE 50-60 POUNDS?

Options
allyxnatara11
allyxnatara11 Posts: 74 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I AM TRYING TO LOSE, 50-60 POUNDS BY THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY. I AM EATING HEALTHY AND WORKING OUT TWICE A DAY**. IS THAT GOING TO BE ENOUGH TIME TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT? ALL MY INFO IS OPEN

IF YOUR IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT OR EVEN DIFF FEEL FREE TO ADD ME

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Your ticker shows you have 57 pounds to lose. Is this a final goal or just a stepping stone? If you needed to lose 300 then you could probably lose 3-4 pounds a week for the first month or two but not consistently every week. So even then, 50 in less than 3 months would be a bit extreme.

10-20 pounds is more reasonable, mathematically speaking.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    20 pounds a month seems unrealistic.
    I would try for for 4-8 pounds a month.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    MAYBE BY JULY 2016 BUT 50LBS IN 3 MONTHS IS 16LBS PER MONTH WHICH IS ABOUT 4LBS PER WEEK. VERY UNLIKELY
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That's unrealistic, sorry.
  • mrsdcsmithiv
    mrsdcsmithiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You need to work out more than twice a week. At least 3-4 times per week of cardio. I'm in the same boat, and it wasn't working for me so I increased my exercise and I'm losing weight now. I need to lose 50-60 but I don't have myself on a time limit.
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    You need to work out more than twice a week. At least 3-4 times per week of cardio. I'm in the same boat, and it wasn't working for me so I increased my exercise and I'm losing weight now. I need to lose 50-60 but I don't have myself on a time limit.

SORRY I MEANT TWICE A DAY****
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It's still unrealistic.

No matter what you do, that much weight in that timeframe wouldn't be healthy.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You would require a caloric deficit of almost 2900 calories a day. Assuming you could burn 400 cal an hour doing aerobics, it would take you 7 hours and 15 min a day to work those calories off ( assuming you otherwise ate only your TDEE outside the exercise).
    So, no, it can't be done.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    So that's about 10 weeks away? 20 lbs should be quite achievable, if you are very careful with your logging and keep exercising.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    50-60 pounds in about 10 weeks... that is not feasible at all.

Then again, I lost 55 pounds from undiagnosed type 1 diabetes over a three month period, nearly died from it (yay, diabetic ketoacidosis), and need to be continuously connected to an insulin pump to stay alive. Once I was placed on insulin, I gained 15 of those pounds back in a two month period, and it has took me a solid year and a half to lose those 15 pounds gained plus an additional 15 pounds.
  • allyxnatara11
    Options
    welp, it was worth asking.. i better lose SOMETHING by July
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    welp, it was worth asking.. i better lose SOMETHING by July

A good, realistic and safe rate is.5lb-1lb a week, so by July you could still lose a nice amount :)
  • lecoman
    lecoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Take your time and enjoy the ride. Lose weight too fast and you'll end up with baggy skin. I've lost about 33 since 12/26/14 with maybe 15 to go (hopefully). Do it long enough so it becomes a life long habit (maintaining, not loosing I mean) Good luck, You can do it.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's taken me 9 months to lose 35lbs and it will probably take another 6 months to lose the other 21lbs (56lbs total)
    Some lose quicker than this, but for me slow and steady is working and it might just stay off this time.
    Set yourself smaller, achievable goals and you'll soon get into the swing of things!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    What is up with July?! That seems to be the deadline a lot of these foolish people are setting at the moment. Please, enlighten me? WHAT HAPPENS IN JULY?
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Set realistic goals and you are more likely to achieve them. At my best I averaged 1.5lbs per week so I have set a target of 1lb per week anymore will be a bonus. Good luck.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I AM TRYING TO LOSE, 50-60 POUNDS BY THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY. I AM EATING HEALTHY AND WORKING OUT TWICE A DAY**. IS THAT GOING TO BE ENOUGH TIME TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT? ALL MY INFO IS OPEN

NO

Are you serious

50lbs ...took me 9 months

You can't drop 50lbs in 2-3 months
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    What is up with July?! That seems to be the deadline a lot of these foolish people are setting at the moment. Please, enlighten me? WHAT HAPPENS IN JULY?

Ha I know right! Probably weddings, holidays, suddenly having to contemplate wearing a swimsuit or bikini in public!
    I've got a wedding coming up this July, so I started getting serious last July. Even a year may not be long enough to lose over 50lbs!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    An expectation is a resentment waiting to happen. Follow a healthy deficit and forget about the "gotta lose this much by this day" bs!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Why would you wait until almost July to lose around 50-60 pounds?

If you started in January you could've lost a decent amount of weight by July.