Daily goal fluctuation?

Options
cvpastore
cvpastore Posts: 30 Member
when setting my goals it only allows me to put in percentages for macros but not actual amounts. Is there way to change this? Also I noticed that my goals change, when I look at the details under nutrition, some days my fat is 35 g other days it's up to 49? Why is this changing I'm trying to set the same# goal every day and stick to it.

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    If you are logging exercise then it will change your calorie amount and the macro amounts.
  • cvpastore
    Options
    Oh I see- so it sticks to %? I wish I could make it measure against a specific #.
  • cvpastore
    Options
    I am logging exercise and its linked to my fitbit
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the computer automatically assumes you'll want to eat however much you exercise away...
    which partially defeats the purpose of exercise, so don't do it.
    (That's what my doctor & dietician told me - eat to your goal, ignore exercise calories, but do exercise; it's a bonus.)

Look at a day before you enter any exercise, make note of the macro numbers, and ignore anything additional.
    If you want it to say a certain number for something, you'll probably have to play with the percentages, which yes is messy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    cvpastore wrote: »
    Oh I see- so it sticks to %? I wish I could make it measure against a specific #.

Why? If you're following MFP you should eat back exercise

Your other option is to unsynch your fitbit and add exercise as 0 cals

To set your macros just work out what percentage your numbers equate to based on 1g fat = 9 calories, 1g carb/protein = 4 cals
  • cvpastore
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    cvpastore wrote: »

Why? If you're following MFP you should eat back exercise

Your other option is to unsynch your fitbit and add exercise as 0 cals

To set your macros just work out what percentage your numbers equate to based on 1g fat = 9 calories, 1g carb/protein = 4 cals

I'm don't want to eat back all of my exercise calories. My IIFM works out to be 1263 calories 152carbs/77protein/38.5fat/32fiber
    I'm trying to stay under 1500 calories