First day at the GYM!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Tonight I took the plunge and joined the gym. I got in a decent workout for the first day back, I can feel the soreness starting to creep in. I did a little lifting, a little treadmill.

Does anyone have any lifting programs to suggest? I've been in and out of gyms for years but I always go back to the same old routines.

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    a good gym should have trainers available to help you establish a training routine to meet your goals. get your money's worth out of them. :wink:
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to the amazing, fit, healthy life you deserve.

Its 10% motivation and 90% dedication until it becomes habit, and then you don’t even think twice about doing your daily workout.

Does your gym offer any classes? I found that was the best way to really get myself fit and over those hurdles to begin with – you’ll find you’re working a lot harder with a room full of people and someone pushing you.
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    congrats! check out swole fitness dot com, it has great info with some plans for men and women, based on desire - fat burn, or muscle building

keep at it :drinker:
  • jgrice
    jgrice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you can look into JEFIT it's free and works great. I also have used a couple of routines from workoutbox.com they where pretty good but not free.
  • dnytna
    dnytna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Showing up is the biggest part of it! I agree - the gym should give you at least one complimentary session with the trainer.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Great job going to the gym! I still need to find the courage to go to one. It's bound to happen sometime soon.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything from Exercises, to Workout Equip, Nutrition and Injury Prevention. Best site IMO,

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/?welcome=true
  • Winstonandgilly
    Options
    Depending on the gym, I recommend the classes. At 24 Hour Fitness they have Body Pump, which is a great lift workout. You can burn anywhere between 300 and 600 calories per class, and the routine is fun.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Sorry I don't really have much advice, except to meet with a trainer, even ONE TIME,to go over nutrition and exercise, you'll learn so much! Also I prefer the low impact cardio machines, treadmills kill my ankles...don't know if that helps at all, but best wishes to you and your health!!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    congrats! i would def inquire if they have a complimentary session w/ trainer most gyms here do that, or they might hoping you would continue. if not, the online/smartphone apps are probably great, i'm gonna check that out too!