Snacking ?

Options
what do you snack on ? tried homemade hummus and nut butter any other suggestions?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cheese, quest bars, pop corn, nuts, hard boiled eggs, chocolate. The possibilities are endless!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't snack, I prefer eating bigger meals less frequently
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't snack, I eat meals. Basis of every meal is some fatty protein source and some vegetable.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies. Particularly cucumbers.

I've also started snacking on raisins now, helps fight off my afternoon slump.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Quavers / popchips
    Mars bar ice creams/ Solero /fab
    Toast, cottage cheese, avocado and tomato
    Slices of Leerdammer light
    Hummus (40g shop bought) with carrot sticks, peppers and popchips

Omnomnom PPC-70040-0.jpg
  • rocknroll667
    rocknroll667 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used to snack. Would measure out my Greek yogurt or cottage cheese in the fridge for the day ... And I love apples and cheddar.

snacking throws me off. I am still hungry after snacking but yet I have to eat a smaller meal later. And that makes me feel INsANE.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    like others, i used to avoid snacking because i prefered big meals. so for a long time i did that.

but for a long time, my weight stayed pretty stagnant. i started snacking more often, and having smaller meals. it's working for me.

my snacks are usually fruit, a salad, nuts, yogurt, etc etc. whatever fits in my day.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was snacking a lot on whole grain and high protein things. I was still having troublw feeling hungry, particularly after working out. Last week I replaced my mid day and after work out snack with 12 oz of skim milk. I have been amazed at how satiating this is as a snack. I was avoiding drinking milk before as I felt like even though I love milk it was too many calories for a drink. I thought I would rather have solid foods. Then I read an article about what a perfect after workout recovery drink milk is. Now it is my favorite part of my food day.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like snacking as it means I eat reasonable sized portions at meals (rather than being super hungry and consuming way more than I should). I also have issues with low blood sugar and so having snacks helps me avoid that.

Yogurt, veggies, fruits, nakd and granola bars, and (measured amounts of) chocolate. Sometimes spreading some Dairylee cheese on a ryvita will also do the trick. I just had a bunch of baby carrots which are lovely as they are sweet, and crunchy.
  • 2legoboys
    2legoboys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    most days I cut up 3-4 cups of fresh veggies that I snack on during the day. I found out I really like raw zucchini, raw green beans and raw cauliflower. I also add jicama, pepper strips, grape tomatoes, baby carrots and radishes. I some days I have the veggies with hummus, some days plain, but I actually really like having a big variety of veggies to nibble on.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I also rarely snack because it means that I will need to cut my meals. If I do snack, it is because I'm hungry, so I choose something that's very high in protein to fill me up. Usually cottage cheese or plain Greek yogurt mixed with a few berries, but I recently made some incredibly tasty coconut-chia-chocolate squares using lots of vanilla whey protein powder (inspired by a recipe on the blog). They've been a lovely, filling treat with tea in the afternoon.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    How can I answer such a broad question? Have whatever you feel like having, in a portion that fits into your day, calorie-wise. Meaning, don't limit your idea of a snack to typical snack foods.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I eat a higher protein diet. and I love and I mean LOVE chicken and turkey. So if i was to snack, more often then not its a 120g or 140g packet of chicken breast slices or turkey breast slices (the 120g packets, have like 30g protein, and less than 130 cals).
    But Eggs are good to snack on too. 2 mins in microwave and you've got yourself scrambled egg, or take longer if you want to fry it or hard boil it. And 1 egg is what, like 70 calories or something close to that?

Or sometimes, I have use my protein powder, and have a shake for a snack
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I may be a little on the strange side but I love snacking on pepperoni slices! They're super easy to buy/find in stores as a package of them. I get the Turkey pepperoni slices (taste the same to me!) and they are only 70 calories for 15 slices. If I have a lot of calories free I will sprinkle cheese on it and microwave it for 20 seconds to get melted cheese on it and eat it like that.

Sunflower seeds are great too and super cheap.

I love those pop-chips but I find them too expensive for the few servings they actually offer (on a college budget..)
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I may be a little on the strange side but I love snacking on pepperoni slices! They're super easy to buy/find in stores as a package of them. I get the Turkey pepperoni slices (taste the same to me!) and they are only 70 calories for 15 slices. If I have a lot of calories free I will sprinkle cheese on it and microwave it for 20 seconds to get melted cheese on it and eat it like that.

Sunflower seeds are great too and super cheap.

I love those pop-chips but I find them too expensive for the few servings they actually offer (on a college budget..)

omg those turkey pepperoni slices sound amazing (especially with the melted cheese). I've never seen them here, only normal pepperoni, or various versions of it, but never turkey. :(
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Coffee beans. Not the chocolate coated ones, just plain coffee beans. Zero calories and very easy to snack on.
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make these roasted chickpeas today for a snack: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/roasted-chickpea-snack-2-pts.html
  • Jensmyfitpal
    Jensmyfitpal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone just evenings I tend to look for something or when im not at work neutral: