travel and stay fit??

Options
I have accepted a job as a flight attendant! It's going to be a challenge to stay on track,I know for dang sure. Does anyone have some tips or advice on how they stay on track when traveling?

Replies

• MichaelLe37
    MichaelLe37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises in your room! Circuit: 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, 20 air squats, 20 jumping jacks, 20 sec planks, Repeat 3 times! Have fun and smile :smile:
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises in your room! Circuit: 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, 20 air squats, 20 jumping jacks, 20 sec planks, Repeat 3 times! Have fun and smile :smile:
    This - and there are lots of other routines (without weights) on the web that you can mix in, such as Tae Bo, Jillian Michaels, PopSugar workouts and others - just surf a bit. I also have a travel yoga mat that is great because face down on a hotel carpet is icky.

Also, log your food, estimating as honestly as possible as necessary. Carry good quality commercial protein bars to prevent making poor choices if you're stuck somewhere and are hungry. If you are not moving between countries, pack your own food as much as possible: apples, small peanut butter and banana sandwiches on whole wheat bread can go in your purse without refrigeration. I bake high-protein/whole grain/low sugar muffins and squares that are filling breakfasts and snacks, instead of caving into hotel or airport bagels, commercial muffins, etc. Watch what you add to your coffee and tea...lots of cream and sugar add up if you drink several per day, and it is easy to break that habit.

Do your homework and prepare ahead, and you will be fine. Congrats on the cool job!!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice. To keep it simple, exercise daily (30+ minutes), track your food (determine & keep a reasonable caloric intake). I've avoided gaining on my last 3 trips this way!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,247 Member
    Options
    If you stay in hotels between flights ... hotels often have pools and gyms.
  • as9823
    as9823 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    100% get a cool pack to travel with you on flights. Have a few in Tupperware chilled in your travel cool pack and Pre freeze a few in zip locks. hotels will have fridges and microwaves. You'll always have a healthy option that way. If not you'll be at the burrito bar in the airports for a quick meal between flights! Lol
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do Crossfit and find gyms to drop in at and try their workouts. If I don't have time for a drop in, I print out in-room WODs or use the hotel g. I also bring my running shoes; its always fun to check out a new place on foot with some good music (just as the hotel concierge or clerk if it's safe and for a decent route/direction)! And pack snacks...and don't think as eating out as a meal out or cheat, think of it as any other meal in your routine and stick to your guns. Get a salad with chicken or salmon, etc! Just plan ahead ;)!