Replies

• laropmet
    laropmet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    have something you enjoy.
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd have used the extra calories for a treat of some sort , something pleasurable :)
  • kellyannecandy
    kellyannecandy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Very sorry everyone......I appear to have been mistaken in thinking a slice of bread with fillings is a sandwich.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Very sorry everyone......I appear to have been mistaken in thinking a slice of bread with fillings is a sandwich.

You silly girl! (psst . . . don't tell anyone . . . but you are right.)
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    By some miracle or another i have somehow managed to only eat 732 calories today.
    As I've never encountered this problem before (hence why I'm on MFP), what I need to know is should I eat the other 4 hundred odd calories???

When I eat less than my calories, I don't worry about it, because I know there are some days I'll eat more. As long as it balances out over a week or two, I don't sweat it. I do, however, log all calories when I go over to make sure the overall picture isn't sending me into the MFP ever-famous starvation mode :smiley:
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Save 'em for tomorrow. You'll be hungrier tomorrow and will need them.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ok, 400 odd calories left,,,Hmmmmm, time for 2 chocolate chip cookies and some ice cream smooshed between them,,,then the couch and a napkin cause this is gonna melt as you slooowly enjoy each and every marvelous mouthfull.

Enjoy!
    Becca
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously confused. If you were severely undereating and wanted to reach your goal, why on EARTH did you only make a scant half-sandwich of mostly lettuce?
  • kellyannecandy
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    I'm seriously confused. If you were severely undereating and wanted to reach your goal, why on EARTH did you only make a scant half-sandwich of mostly lettuce?
    I wasn't "severely undereating" I just hadn't eaten much and wasn't hungry, didn't really want to eat a lot before going to bed and it was a one off. Surely eating wholemeal bread ham and salad was better than not eating at all? Thank you everybody else for your help, just getting to grips with it but going we'll so far
  • kellyannecandy
    Options
    Well not we'll!
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    *sigh* the cookies n ice cream wasnt a bad idea :) , but if it was a sandwich you wanted then that works, LOL. I hope youre day is brighter, enjoy.
    Becca
  • thesaraaah
    thesaraaah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find myself doing that from time to time, and I just make up those calories by splurging on eating out. Some people actually log calories by week rather than each day. So you can always have days under goal and some days over, and at the end of your week it will balance out.

If you find yourself having that much trouble with 400 remaining calories, you can always just add 100 extra for the next 4 days. Just find what works best for you.
  • atypicalsmith
    edited April 2015
    Options
    avskk wrote: »

She wasn't undereating, duh. At least you acknowledge that it was a sandwich. She wasn't hungry any more. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe she ate too much the day before. Maybe she'll eat more tomorrow. You don't know. Stop judging.
  • Briael
    Briael Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Take a look at your macros? What is the balance of carbs to fats to protein? Look for the one that is light and boost it with a healthy choice. :)
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    She under-ate for ONE day, and asked if she should force herself to eat more, and everyone is making her out to be anorexic. Sheesh!
  • kellyannecandy
    Options
    Some of the comments on here put me off of posting again another time......I thought the idea was to help and support. Obviously we are not all like minded. But thank you to the people who have given good, sound advice and those on my wavelength.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if its a random day and youre not hungry, dont worry about it.

if you are hungry - or like me and just could pretty much ALWAYS eat SOMETHING - get some ice cream or a glass of wine or whatever you normally WANT but might not EAT....